Does Baking Soda remove hair permanently? (3 easy ways)
In this brief article we will answer the question Does Baking Soda remove hair permanently and we will also describe 3 easy ways to remove hair with the help of Baking Soda.
Does Baking Soda remove your hair permanently?
No, Baking Soda doesn’t remove your hair permanently. But removing your hair with Baking Soda will affect its growth period for a long time. Your hair won’t disappear magically; they might take a lot of time to grow back though.
How Baking Soda removes hair?
Baking Soda is a salt which contains small abrasive crystals. When salt particles come in contact with hair, they tear the hair fiber and break it. The nature of particles helps in removing hair with the help of Baking Soda.
Baking Soda is also alkaline with a pH of 9. As human hair has less pH than Baking Soda, there is an increase in friction. This increase leads to breakage of human hair.
This breakage of hair leads to a skin condition called Diffuse alopecia, in which the hair breaks off at the surface of the skin. Due to this condition, the hair cells take a lot of time before the hair grows back. That might lead people into thinking that they have gotten rid of their hair permanently.
Three ways to remove hair from Baking Soda:
1. Baking Soda with water
2. Baking Soda with lemon
3. Baking Soda and apple cider vinegar
Methods to remove hair from Baking Soda:
1. Baking Soda with Water:
You can use this method to remove your hair; it is simple and easy. The procedure is:
· Take a cooking pan and add one cup of water to it
· Now add only one tablespoon of Baking Soda to it
· Boil the content of cooking pan
· While boiling stir the mixture continuously
· Please keep it on medium heat until a gooey mixture forms
· Turn off the heat and pour the content of pan into a bowl
· Leave it the bowl for a while to cool down
· After it reaches an ambient temperature apply it to the area from where you want to remove the hair
· Leave it on for five minutes
· Rinse it with warm water and clean with a soft cloth for better results
2. Baking Soda and lemon:
It is the second method; it is also easy to do at home. The method is:
· Take a bowl and add one cup of Baking Soda to it
· Add lemon juice from two lemons in it
· Mix the content of bowl and make a paste
· Apply the mixture to your unwanted hair
· Leave it on for ten minutes
· Wash it with warm water
This method is suitable as it doesn’t require heating or cooking of the mixture. Mixing lemon juice with Baking Soda is effective. This method might not work immediately, and you will have to repeat the application sometimes to get desirable results.
3. Baking Soda with Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is also good for warts, so this method is best for sensitive areas. This method is as follows:
· Add one tablespoon of water, Baking Soda and vinegar to a bowl
· Mix the ingredients of the bowl
· Mix it until you get a paste
· Apply the paste with the help of a spatula
· Leave it on for 15 minutes on your skin
· Use warm water to wash it off
Side Effects of using Baking Soda for hair removal:
Using Baking Soda is an effective method to remove hair. It might not permanently remove your hair, but it stops the hair from growing for an extended interval. It has high ph and alkaline nature and has some side effects too. Some of these methods are below:
· It can irritate the skin
· It breaks the hair from the surface which might leave a mark
· This method results in cuticle damage of skin tissues
· Due to its nature, it decreases the fat content of skin hence affecting insulation properties
· It makes the skin frizzy
· Some people are also allergic and might have a rash on application
· Hair becomes brittle and weak
· Clean the area of application thoroughly before applying Baking Soda
· Apply the paste on dry skin
· Before application, apply the paste to a small part of your skin to test for any allergies
· If you are already using some skincare products, consult a dermatologist before using the methods mentioned above
· When removing the paste from the skin with a cloth or cotton, do it gently.
· Do not rub the paste while applying or removing it
· For better results repeat the procedure many times
Other FAQs about Baking Soda which you may be interested in.
In this brief article we answered the question Does Baking Soda remove hair permanently and we also described 3 easy ways to remove hair with the help of Baking Soda.