In this brief guide, we will discuss the question “Can you bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time?” We will also discuss how to evenly bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time and how much time these cakes need to be baked with many tips and tricks.
So if you are interested in this topic, keep reading to the end.
Can you bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time?
Yes, you can bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time and in the same oven perfectly without getting burnt or staying raw as long as you follow the tips and instructions we will share with you throughout this article.
This baking technique is easier than you can even imagine, besides it not only spares you from standing all day in the kitchen baking, but it is also eco-friendly and budget-friendly as it saves you a lot of time and energy costs.
However, the secret behind the success of this method is to make sure you place the right amount of batter in each of the 2 9×13 cake pans and place them on two different racks to ensure sufficient airflow and heat distribution.
How can you evenly bake 2 fluffy 9X13 cakes at the same time?
If you have a birthday or any event and need to bake 2 9X13 cakes at the same time to meet your guest’s needs with minimum effort and time, then you are in the right place.
In this section and after a lot of trials and errors and research we eventually found the best way to bake 2 9X13 cakes at the same time as well as a few secret tips to perfectly get a fluffy and evenly baked cake without any dry edges.
So if you are excited to know more about this, we will not let you wait any longer, just read carefully and follow the instructions.
- preheat your oven up to 350 degrees F. and make sure you are using the right settings before inserting the 2 9×13 baking pans
- Grease the 2 9×13 baking pans and then sprinkle flour or spray them with non-stick cooking spray to avoid any attachment during baking
- Prepare the cake batter based on your favorite recipe or simply follow the instruction in this link to make the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Divide the cake batter between the 2 9×13 baking pans evenly
- Bake them for the same amount of time, and then let them cool completely before frosting them.
- Place one of the 9×13 cake baking pans on the middle shelf and the other on the bottom one to enhance airflow and make sure the heat is evenly distributed between them both OR place the 2 9×13 baking pans next to each other on the middle rack if your oven is big
However, in both cases make sure you place the pans in the center of the oven shelf away from the oven sides
- Set the timer on for 50-60 minutes to avoid overbaking of your cakes and burning them
- Whether you placed the 2 9×13 baking pans next to each other or on different racks, you should move or turn them accordingly throughout the baking process or swap them between the racks the cakes twice during cook to ensure proper heat flow and even baking
- Bake the 2 9×13 cakes for 50-60 minutes until their top becomes golden in color.
- Before the end of the baking time by 5 – 10 minutes, check if your 2 9×13cakes are well baked by inserting a toothpick into their middle and observing if it comes out clean.
- Once your 2 9×13 cakes are well baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
How much time do you need to bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time?
The baking time of 9×13 cakes mainly depends on the cake size and the batter amount which is used, which means to bake 2 cakes simultaneously you should adjust the baking time according to this fact.
For example, if a 9×13 cake needs 45 – 48 minutes at 325 – 350°F to be well cooked, baking 2 9×13 cakes will need 50-60 minutes at the same baking temperature.
For more detailed guidance, please check the link here
Other FAQs about Cake that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “Can you bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time?” We have also discussed how to evenly bake 2 9×13 cakes at the same time and how much time these cakes need to be baked.
Hope you found this blog useful. If you have any questions, please let us know.