How to cook a hot pocket in the oven? (Only 3 steps)
In this article, we will answer the question “How to cook a hot pocket in the oven?”, and how to heat Hot Pockets in the microwave?
How to cook a hot pocket in the oven?
Preheat the oven
Preheat your oven to 350℉ for about 15-20 minutes. If you are working with a convection oven, your hot pockets need to be thawed before putting them in the oven. On the other hand, keep the hot pockets frozen until the oven is done preheating If you are working with a conventional oven.
Bake the Hot Pocket
Unwrap the Hot pocket and place it on a bare or an aluminum-foil-lined baking tray. Refer to the package instructions for cooking times. Cooking times may vary with the size of the hot pocket, the brand, and the type of oven you are using.
Typically, a ¼ pound hot pocket will take about 24 minutes of baking in a conventional oven. While a ½ pound hot pocket will take about 34 minutes.
In a convection oven, a ¼ pound hot pocket will take 12 minutes to bake and a ½ pound hot pocket will be ready in 15 minutes.
When the cooking time is almost complete, check the hot pocket for doneness. To do this, a digital thermometer needs to be inserted right in the middle of a hot pocket. If the thermometer reads as 165℉, It is ready.
Cool and eat
After removing the hot pockets from the oven, let them sit for about 2minutes to lose some heat before devouring them.
Are hot pockets better in the oven?
Making hot pockets in the oven takes time as compared to cooking them in the microwave. It is a good choice If you do not own a microwave. Plus the crispiness achieved by baking hot pockets in the oven is unachievable by any other means.
How to cook a hot pocket in a toaster oven?
Follow the steps below:
- Preheat your toaster oven at 350℉ for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place the unwrapped hot pocket on a toaster oven baking sheet. Skip using the crisping sleeve in a toaster when making hot pockets. It only works for the microwave.
- Let the hot pockets bake in the toaster oven for about 28 minutes.
- When ready, remove the hot pocket from the toaster oven when It is nicely golden from the outside and hot from the inside.
- Let the hot pocket sit for a few minutes to lose some heat before eating. Slide the hot pocket into a crisping sleeve to eat your hot pocket conveniently.
How to heat hot pockets in the microwave?
Follow the steps below:
- Remove the wrap from the hot pocket and slide it into the crisping sleeve.
- Place the crisping sleeve on the paper plate.
- Microwave according to the time instructed on the label.
- When done, let the hot pocket sit for 2 minutes before heating.
The microwaving cooking time for hot pockets depends on the number of hot pockets plus the type of crust or turnover. For an 1100 Watt oven, microwave a single piece of Pepperoni-flavored Hot Pocket with Crispy Crust for 2 minutes, and 2 pieces for 3 minutes and 45 seconds.
Similarly, for an 1100 Watt oven, microwave a single piece of Pepperoni-flavored Hot Pocket with a buttery crust for 2 minutes, and 2 pieces for 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
It is recommended to only cook one sandwich at a time for only 3 minutes in a lower wattage microwave to yield optimal results.
How do you make Hot Pockets?
Follow the directions below to make hot pockets.
- Spread a single sheet of puff pastry on a clean counter.
- In a medium bowl, add pepperoni, cheese, pizza sauce, and cornstarch
- With the help of a sharp knife, cut small slits diagonally at 1-inch intervals along the top of pastries.
- Preheat your oven at 425℉ for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the puff pastries bake for about 15-20 minutes or until puffed and evenly golden brown.
Are hot pockets healthy?
There are about 50 varieties of Hot Pockets and all of them might not be a healthier option especially for people watching out for weight gain. Such people should use a low-calorie and low-fat version of Hot Pockets.
In this article, we answered the question “How to cook a hot pocket in the oven?”, and how to heat Hot Pockets in the microwave?