In this article, we will answer the question “How many tea bags can be used per liter?”, and how to make the perfect cup of tea?
How many tea bags can be used per liter?
Use 3-4 tea bags per litre. Experiment to see what brew-strength suits your taste. Read on if you want to know how to make tea.
How to make iced tea?
Instead of buying store-bought iced tea mixies that have a lot of added sugar and sodas, make your own iced tea at home. This refreshing beverage satisfies your caffeine needs while providing you many essential nutrients. Plus point is it is very easy to make at home. You can sweeten it using your personal favorite sweetener.
- 2-liter water
- 4 Red rose tea bags (you can use any black tea that you like)
- ½ cup sugar (use only a quarter cup if you are not adding lemon plus use a sweetener of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon juice-optional (start with 1 tbsp, if you like more tang, add more juice)
- Add two-liter water into a large pot with raised sides. Place it on the stovetop and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Remove the pot from the stovetop and let it sit for 1-2 minutes so that it stops bubbling.
- After 1-2 minutes, add the tea bags and let the tea steep for at least 20 minutes.
- After the tea has steeped and cooled down, transfer the brew to a pitcher. Dilute the brew with filtered water to make its volume up to 2 liters.
- Refrigerate the brew for a few hours.
- Before servings, dissolve the sugar in lemon juice in the tea mug or cup. Then add the brew.
- Last but not the least, top it off with some ice cubes and enjoy.
How to make the perfect cup of tea?
Choose your favorite tea and mug
Set the mood by picking a tea that suits your mood. Use chamomile if you want to relax before going to bed. Go for a peppermint tea if you just had a hearty meal to aid digestion.
Drinking tea is an experience that cannot be fully enjoyed if the teacup or mug is not elegant or according to your choice. Therefore, take out your favorite teacup to reap the benefits of the calming effects of tea.
Use fresh cold water
Oxygen is important to extract all the flavors from the tea leaves. It is not possible with old water. Tea brewed from fresh oxygenated water will make a delicious brew. Therefore, avoid reboiling water.
Use clean pots
Using a clean teapot to brew tea is very important. The delicate flavor and aroma of the tea should not be disturbed by any foreign flavor. Before brewing, make sure the pots are clear of any residual tea from the previous brew to get the fresh flavor.
The temperature of the water is key
Do not use hot boiling water to steep tea. The heart will scald tea depriving it of its essential nutrients and complex flavors. Let the hot boiling water rest for 1-2 minutes so that the bubbles disappear and the water loses some of its heat.
Follow brewing instructions
It is important to follow the brewing instructions to make the perfect tasting tea. The brewing time instructed on the tea package should be followed to make an optimal tasting cup of tea. You can, however, adjust the variables to suit your preference.
Separate tea from the water after brewing
Steeping tea past its required brewing time will make the tea bitter because of the release of tannins. Different type of teas has different brewing time.
|Type of tea||Brewing time|
|Black tea||4 mins|
|Green tea||2 mins|
|Herbal tea||4 mins|
|Red tea||4 mins|
|Oolong tea||3 mins|
|White tea||1 min|
|Cold-brewed iced tea||5 mins|
How to store tea?
- Keep your tea in a sealed package or an airtight container in a cool and dark area. Air will remove the volatile compounds of tea and deprive it of its aroma and flavor. Heat can damage its flavor.
- Keep away from moisture. Avoid using wet spoons to scoop out the loose tea.
- Do not store the tea in the fridge or freezer unless you are not going to use it for a long time after the purchase. The container or pack to store it in the fridge or freezer should be vacuum packed or else the humidity will destroy its quality.
In this article, we answered the question “How many tea bags can be used per liter?”, and how to make the perfect cup of tea?