In this blogpost, we will explain why people do not tip Uber Eats drivers. We will also discuss what is tip-baiting. Furthermore, we will check out some of the benefits that Uber Eats drivers can enjoy while doing this gig. Uber Eats employs millions of delivery drivers through independent contracts and can be a superb option for those who are seeking a side-hustle.
Why do people not tip Uber Eats drivers?
People do not tip Uber Eats drivers for a variety of reasons, like,
- The service provided by the delivery driver has been particularly bad. This happens more when the delivery driver does not use a food bag and thus the food order might have lost its heat or some beverages might have spilt.
- The customer has experienced some type of abuse from the delivery driver. Some delivery drivers have not just been rude to the customer but also have partaken in some type of sexual or physical abuse. This can cause the customer to not only refuse a tip but straightaway complain to Uber Eats about the delivery driver’s behavior.
- The customer may have forgotten to add the tip. This is perhaps one of the most common reasons for not tipping. The customer often forgets to add the tip for the delivery driver at the time of making the payment. However, Uber Eats has an option for the customer to add a tip long after the order has been delivered through the order history of the account.
- The customer does not see the point in tipping. Many customers don’t think that tipping is required as they are already paying a hefty sum in delivery fees and service fees for Uber Eats. In this case, they don’t see any reason why they need to pay extra just to have their meal delivered.
- Another reason why customers may not tip in Uber Eats is because of the cultural differences. While tipping is considered pretty normal in the United States, it is considered an insult in many other countries. Examples of countries which do not expect tipping or where it is considered rude are Japan, China, South Korea, New Zealand and Australia.
What is tip-baiting?
Tip-baiting happens when the customer adds a large tip for the delivery driver while placing the order and then removes it or lowers it after they have received the food. This is considered an unfair practice and got a lot of infamous attention when it was brought up by delivery drivers. The tip-baiting is done by customers so that they can get their deliveries done sooner.
Benefits of working for Uber Eats
Working as a delivery driver for Uber Eats can bring the person a large number of advantages and benefits. Some of these have been described in the following points.
Uber Eats drivers get paid regularly
The best thing about working for Uber Eats as a delivery driver is the regular pay. The delivery drivers in Uber Eats are paid immediately after every delivery has been completed. These earnings will be deposited into the bank accounts of the driver on a weekly basis. Through Instant Pay, the Uber Eats driver can also cash out on a daily basis, up to 5 times.
They get multiplied pay rates
The pay rates for the delivery drivers in Uber Eats are multiplied at certain times of the day. This often happens during peak hours during which the delivery driver can make a lot more than usual. In addition to this, the pay rates are also multiplied during Boost Earnings which come around when special events are happening in town.
They get bonuses and incentives
Uber Eats drivers can also enjoy various bonuses and incentives. The bonuses for the delivery driver come when they complete certain Quests for the platform which are a certain number of delivery requests in a specific period of time. Delivery drivers also get incentives such as special offers in specific restaurants.
They can choose various methods of delivery
The delivery in Uber Eats can be completed through various means, which the delivery driver is free to choose. The delivery driver can choose to deliver the food orders to the customer by means of a car or a scooter, as long as it is 50cc and below. In addition to this, they can also deliver by bicycle and by foot.
They have a lot of freedom
The delivery drivers in Uber Eats have a lot of freedom. They do not have any supervisor or manager to ask permission from. Thus, the delivery driver in Uber Eats can choose to work whenever they want to and can also take a break whenever they feel like it. Uber Eats delivery drivers are also assured of a job if they were to ever take a vacation as the demand is high.
They get to explore a lot
This gig is pretty fab for those who like to explore new places and towns. Uber Eats delivery drivers are meant to go all over the place, including strange neighborhoods and unexplored alleys. Thus, those who like exploring and want to earn money while doing so can easily opt to work as an Uber Eats driver.
In this blogpost, we have explained why people do not tip Uber Eats drivers. We have also discussed what is tip-baiting. Furthermore, we have checked out some of the benefits that Uber Eats drivers can enjoy while doing this gig.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions below.