In this brief guide, we will address the query, ”Which juice is best for thyroid?” We will also discuss how we can reduce the risk of thyroid diseases.
Which juice is best for the thyroid?
Different fruits and vegetable juices like cucumber juice, apple juice, celery juice, coriander and parsley juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, etc are the best for thyroid. Let us discuss some of them below:
There’s clear reasoning behind the saying an apple a day keeps doctors away, they are one of the healthiest fruits in the world.
Likewise, Drinking apple juice every day can help you lose weight, maintain your blood sugar levels, and keep your thyroid gland functioning properly. Several studies have also proved that apples can aid thyroid gland function by cleansing your body.
Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are high in pectins, which aid in the detoxification of mercury, one of the most dangerous metals that are often linked to thyroid issues.
Citrus fruits also contain lots of vitamin C and antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals and protect your cells from further damage. Free radicals cause thyroid gland inflammation and can disrupt its function. Hence citrus juice can be very good for thyroid problems.
Cucumber contains 70% water content which provides natural hydration to the body. Cucumber juice helps to improve thyroid function by providing better immunity and by detoxifying the body. You can make the cucumber drink by blending the peeled cucumber pieces in water and straining it.
Coriander and parsley juice
Coriander and parsley contain antioxidants and vitamins that help to naturally heal the thyroid and regulate thyroid hormone production. They have been used to cure different thyroid gland issues in Ayurveda since ancient times.
Their seeds are high in minerals and vitamins, which aid in the reduction of infection-causing bacteria in the body. You can make coriander water or parsley water for the thyroid by boiling the coriander seeds in water or by simply infusing the seeds in water overnight. You can also use the leaves by blending them in water.
Pineapples are rich sources of vitamin C and manganese which can protect our body from damage caused by free radicals. Drinking pineapple juice can help you with tiredness and weariness, which is one of the symptoms of thyroid disease.
Celery contains lots of antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamins A, C, K, folate, and potassium. Drinking celery juice can help to remove toxins from the thyroid system. This green vegetable also aids in the generation of thyroid hormones. Moreover, it also encourages the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
How can we reduce the risk of thyroid diseases?
You can take certain precautions by changing your diet and lifestyle before the early signs of thyroid problems start hitting you. You can make these changes to reduce the risk of thyroid imbalance:
- You should reduce the intake of processed food. Processed food contains lots of chemicals that can affect the thyroid’s ability to produce hormones resulting in thyroid disorder.
- Ease up on soy intake. Eating an excessive amount of soy can harm thyroid health in early-stage and even after the medication, it hinders the body’s ability to absorb drugs.
- Quitting smoking can do wonders for your thyroid issues. Thiocyanate is one of the toxins found in cigarettes that interferes with the intake of iodine by the body, blocking the production of thyroid hormones and causing thyroid problems.
- Take proper medication for your thyroid. Being on medication after proper consultation with your doctor is one of the best ideas to deal with further problems.
- Regular physical activity can boost your thyroid function, which can balance your thyroid hormones and help you better manage your symptoms.
- Eat a balanced diet. A balanced diet helps in the proper functioning and production of thyroid hormones. Food that is rich in iodine and selenium such as salted nuts, baked fish, dairy products, and fresh eggs should be taken regularly.
- Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and kale should be avoided strictly because they interfere with the thyroid glands regarding iodine absorption.
Find the best iodine supplements for the thyroid here.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, ”Which juice is best for thyroid?” We have also discussed how we can reduce the risk of thyroid diseases.