In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “Where to buy chia seeds in-store?” With an in-depth analysis of uses and the proper storage of the chia seeds. Moreover, we are going to discuss the nutritional value and the health benefits of chia seeds.
Where to buy chia seeds in-store?
You can buy the chia seeds easily from the grocery store where they are found in the rice/quinoa aisle, baking aisle or the health/vitamin section of it. You can also buy the chia seeds from the health store or online here or on various other websites.
What do you know about chia seeds?
Chia is a purple flowering plant just like the quinoa and is found in South Asia.
Its seeds are cultivated and used as food or in various recipes and they are also very beneficial for health.
How can you use chia seeds?
You can use the versatile chia seeds in several dishes.
- When you put the chia seeds in the water or any other liquid, the soluble coating of these seeds absorbs water quickly and forms a gel-like layer.
- You can use the chia seeds in this way in desserts or jams to replace the gelatin.
- It also adds a fun texture to the juices and the water and can be used as an egg replacement.
- You can also sprinkle the dry chia seeds on salads, cereals, and ice and can mix them with the cookies too. It gives them healthy nutrients.
How can you properly store the chia seeds?
If you have dry chia seeds then you can store them for straight 5 years and they don’t go bad.
You can store the chia seeds in the pantry if you have to use them regularly.
For this purpose, put the chia seeds in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid and put them in a dark and cool place.
Because of the presence of the healthy oils in the dry chia seeds, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container and they will stay fresh there.
You can also freeze the chia seeds but as they have a longer shelf life it is not necessary to freeze them.
How can you freeze the chia seeds?
If frozen, the shelf life of the chia seeds increases from 5 years to 10 years which is a greater shelf life.
But while storing the chia seeds you should make sure to remove all the air from them and put them in a bowl.
Then you can place them in the freezer and store them.
It will maximise their shelf life and keep them protected.
What is the nutritional value of chia seeds?
Although the chia seeds are smaller in size yet they are highly nutritious for your health.
The nutritional value of the chia seeds for 1 ounce/28 grams/2 tablespoon of the chia seeds is given below;
- calories: 138
- protein: 4.7 grams
- fat: 8.7 grams
- alpha-linolenic acid (ALA): 5 grams
- carbs: 11.9 grams
- fibre: 9.8 grams
- calcium: 14% of the Daily Value (DV)
- iron: 12% of the DV
- magnesium: 23% of the DV
- phosphorus: 20% of the DV
- zinc: 12% of the DV
- vitamin B1 (thiamine): 15% of the DV
- vitamin B3 (niacin): 16% of the DV
What are the health benefits of chia seeds?
Chia seeds are highly beneficial for your health and provide you with several healthy nutrients and compounds.
Some of the health benefits of the chia seeds are given below;
- Chia seeds are full of fibre, proteins,omega_3 fatty acids and various other micronutrients which are highly nutritious.
- Chia seeds are also rich in the amount of the antioxidants found in them, these antioxidants help in protecting the seed’s fats and also give health benefits to you.
- Chia seeds are also used in weight loss due to the presence of proteins and fibres in them.
- Due to the presence of fibre and ALA in them, chia seeds also help in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Chia seeds are also beneficial for improving bone density due to the calcium, magnesium, Phosphorus and ALAresence in them.
- Although more research is required, chia seeds are said to have a role in the regulation of blood sugar levels too.
You can easily prepare and intake the chia seeds in your diet to get all these benefits.
Other FAQs about Chia seeds that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “Where to buy chia seeds in-store?” With an in-depth analysis of uses and the proper storage of the chia seeds. Moreover, we discussed the nutritional value and the health benefits of the chia