In this brief guide, we will answer the question “What liquor goes with tea” and provide you with various liquor options you could use when enjoying a cup of tea.
What liquor goes with tea?
There are six liquors that go well with tea. Including;
- Black tea and Rum
- Green tea and Whiskey
- Mint tea and Rum/ Bourbon
- Chamomile tea and Gin/ Vodka
- Chai tea and Rye whiskey/ Irish cream
- Earl grey and Bourbon
What is tea?
Tea is a beverage that is produced by treading the young leaves and leaf buds of the tea plant (Camellia sinensis) in freshly boiled water. There are two common types of this plant that are generally used in making tea:
- Camellia sinensis sinensis
- Camellia sinensis assamica
In some areas, these two varieties are also being hybridized.
What do you mean by “Tea liquor”?
Tea liquor is basically the liquid that we get by brewing tea leaves in water. It does not specifically mean the addition of alcohol or alcoholic content in tea rather it is a resulting blend of noticeable hues, textures, and certain other features.
At what stage of tea preparation liquor comes out?
The moment at which infusion takes place between the leave is the time when liquor comes into existence. It is the time when you call it as black, green, or white tea. Once the infusion occurred, it undergoes several changes prior to being in its final form.
Other FAQs about Tea which you may be interested in.
What are important features of tea?
While tasting a tea, there are three important features to be considered:
The flora that make up the tea are known as botanicals. A number of botanical teas are botanical forward that means their flavor is derived more from the herbs or flowers. Such teas go well with botanical forward liquor, such as Gin.
While considering the concentration, look for the stronger tea flavor. It is very important to brew the most condensed tea, so that you will be able to have more control on concentration.
The next thing to be considered is the tea color. The darker the color, the richer will be the flavor. In case you want to pair your tea with liquor, pair dark colored tea with a darker liquor and light colored tea with light liquor and ENJOY!
These are just some important features not an exact science or technique because after all, flavor is subjective. All you can do is just to try various combinations and see which combination works best for you.
What are some tea types to be used in summer?
During the scorching heat of summer, there is nothing more good than to break out the spiked sweet tea. It does not matter whether you like green tea, black tea, or a flower-infused blend like Earl Grey, because there is a liquor to go with every single one.
Here are some amazing blends of tea and liquor to be enjoyed in summer;
- You can combine all the delicious flavors of a sugary sweet mojito with the tang of green tea and a spike of rum.
- You can combine sweet tea and tart lemonade mixed with muddled fresh lemon juice and fresh mint.
- You can add orange pekoe tea, honey, vodka, and ginger ale to make a perfect summer tea.
- You can add muddled black berries and mint in simple syrup to rum and tea and shake it well until stirred.
- You can try one part iced tea and one part lemonade. Also, you can add pomegranate-infused vodka and some imported tequila to have a ruby red color that looks like a celebration!
- You can also try sun tea spiked with pomegranate liqueur and vodka.
- You can also have Georgia spiced tea because the syrupy sweetness of fresh bruised peach hits differently with a jolt of wild turkey.
- You can try Spiked blood orange tea. Just pour spiked tea into glass and garnish with blood orange slices and a sprig of thyme.
- If you are a staunch bourbon drinker, you can try scratch made simple syrup with orange flower water and orange bitters.
- Mix green tea tennis with mojito classics (like mint, lime, and rum) and top it off with sparkling water for a refreshing summer tea.
- To the equal parts of peach tea and lemonade, add a spike of vodka. Garnish it with some fresh fruits, and yes! It is good to go.
- You can enjoy a Tipsy lemonade and peach iced tea by just brimming your tea with fresh peaches and lemon.
- Try spiked raspberry sweet tea and enjoy summer!
- You can also go for Earl Grey infused Gin cocktail and create your signature cocktail.
- Don’t have any time to brew tea? Try Spiked Arnold Palmer. This spiked tea is made with tea-infused vodka and calls for just three ingredients!
In this brief guide, we answered the question “What liquor goes with tea?” and provided you with various liquor options you could use when enjoying a cup of tea.