In this brief article, we are going to answer the question, “What is the difference between a nutribullet and a blender?”, and discuss what a nutribullet and a blender is, the types of nutribullet, and the type of blenders.
What is the difference between a nutribullet and a blender?
The difference between a nutribullet and a blender is that a nutri bullet is a single serve type of blender often used to make smoothies, dips, salad dressings, sauces etc whereas a blender is a large jug which has a lid.
The nutribullet is smaller when compared to a blender and the nutribullet can hold 24-32 ounces whereas blenders can hold up to 64 ounces in their respective containers.
In the nutri bullet, the cups are filled with warm water and dish soaps, shaken with the blade and rinsed. Whereas, blenders have to be self cleaned from the inside
Nutribullets have a BPA free safety-strength plastic which is longer lasting whereas blenders also use plastic pitchers or containers made up of glass. Some blenders do not come with serving cups, whereas nutri blenders do contain measuring cups and lids. Nutri bullets are durable and reliable to quite an extent if used in the proper manner.
The price of blenders range from about 30- >600 dollars whereas the nutri blenders are shown to be quite cheaper ($65-$180), depending on the model of the nutribullet.
What is a nutri bullet?
Nutriblender is a single serve blender consisting of a cup which can lock to the base for the blender to activate.
Basic models of nutri bullets have only one speed without buttons and controls, which makes them easy to use. The blended ingredients such as smoothie can be consumed directly from the nutri blender.
Types of nutribullet
There are various types of nutri bullets: NutriBullet Pro 1000, Pro 1200, Select 1200, RX and Blender Combo 1200.
- Nutribullet 1000 – single speed blender with 3 cups. Can puree or crush frozen or fresh fruits and vegetables, ice, but they cannot blend dry foods.
- Nutribullet 1200 – has a 1200 watt which is higher and more powerful than Nutri bullet 1000. It is also a single speed blender with 3 cups. Nutri bullet 1200 is slightly heavier than the 1000 watt model.
- Nutri bullet select 1200 – has 3 different settings of speed and also contains a pitcher vented for blenderized warm liquids. Nutribullet Select 1200 has control buttons which in a way makes it easier to operate. It also has 2 speed settings and an exact mode to acquire a smooth result. Consists of an on-off switch too.
- NutriBullet RX – comes in an extra large size with a separate jug for soups. Which has a 7 minute timer for heating soups. It is useful and efficient for blending of soft foods, to crush ice, to make green smoothies, to chop carrots, nuts and parmesan cheese. However it is very noisy if the high speed setting is used.
What is a blender?
A blender is a kitchen appliance which is usd to blend, mix or puree foods or ingredients of food. It contains a tall container or jug made of plastic with a lid that is removable which is made with a hole filler for the addition of ingredients into the container. The base of the food container has a motor blade for blending, chopping, pureing, or liquifying foods.
When selecting a blender one should look at the material from which the container is made from, the size of the container, frequency of tasks that the blender is capable of, and the power range and of course the price of the blender. At the end, it all comes down to one’s own preferred choice, which property or characteristic of the blender, would one have a preference of.
What are the types of blenders?
There are many different types of blenders. Some of which include:
- Hand mixers – which are basically like old fashioned egg beaters that work with electricity and are used to beating and mixing of ingredients of food.
- Immersion and Stick blender – are basically hand held sticks which consist of a handle at one side and a chopping blade on the other side.
- Single-Serve blenders – come in different sizes and can make a one or two servings of drinks.
- Portable blenders – containers are made with a clear glass tube, one end of the tube screws into the blades and the other side holds the lid. They are light in weight and are actually portable.
Other FAQs about Blender that you may be interested in.
In this brief article, we answered the question, “What is the difference between a nutribullet and a blender?”, and discussed what a nutribullet and a blender is, the types of nutribullet, and the type of blenders.