In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “What is the best way to heat up rotisserie chicken?” with an in-depth analysis of how you can heat up rotisserie chicken in the oven. Moreover, we are going to discuss how you can reheat rotisserie chicken in the air-fryer.
So without much ado, let’s dive in and figure out more about it.
What is the best way to heat up rotisserie chicken?
The best way to heat up the rotisserie chicken in the oven is to heat it in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to heat up rotisserie chicken in the oven?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Preheat the oven to 350°F and take the rotisserie chicken out of the refrigerator.
- Allow your rotisserie chicken to come to room temperature on the counter while you wait for the oven to reach the proper temperature.
- Add some moisture to the mix. Transfer the rotisserie chicken to a baking dish once the oven has completed preheating. Add a few tablespoons of chicken stock or water, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of liquid.
- After that, cover the pan with a second layer of foil. The steam produced by the water will aid in keeping the meat moist.
- Place the rotisserie chicken in the oven and cook until it reaches a temperature of 165°F on the inside. Remove the rotisserie chicken from the oven when it has warmed through and serve.
Points to consider while heating up rotisserie chicken in the oven
- Add additional moisture to the mix. Sprinkle a few teaspoons of water over the top of the rotisserie chicken, then drizzle with olive oil to keep it moist and flavorful.
- Cover the chicken dish tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap and cook for two minutes.
- Check to determine if the chicken is done by removing the plate from the microwave. If not, flip the meat before covering the plate and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Always heat up the rotisserie chicken till its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a food thermometer to check the core temperature of the rotisserie chicken but do not forget to take the reading from the thick part of the rotisserie chicken.
How to heat up rotisserie chicken in the air fryer?
Try reheating your chicken in the air fryer for extra-crispy skin. It is a quite effective and easy method. All you have to do is to
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place rotisserie chicken in the air fryer after removing it from its packing.
- Set the timer for 3-4 minutes. Afterward, check if rotisserie chicken is crisp and hot and if its internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the rotisserie chicken out of the air fryer and enjoy it with fries or as it is.
Pay attention to the core temperature of rotisserie chicken
You should pay attention to the core temperature of the rotisserie chicken to heat it up perfectly. It is worth mentioning that at the core temperature of about 165 degrees Fahrenheit, all the bacteria present in the rotisserie chicken get killed.
At what temperature do you reheat frozen chicken in the oven?
To reheat frozen chicken without thawing it first, bake at 300°F to 350°F for almost double the original cooking time. Though that might feel slow, cooking it at a higher temperature will not result in a faster cooking time.
How to make rotisserie chicken?
The process of making it starts from seasoning the chicken with salt, putting it on a rotisserie, and letting it grill for approximately 10 minutes at a high temperature.
Afterward, you have to make a mixture of paprika, salt, and butter. You can even add some condiments of your choice to give your very own different touch to the rotisserie chicken.
Set the grill to medium temperature and coast the chicken with the butter mixture that you just prepared. Cook the chicken until its temperature reaches about 165°F. Remove the chicken and serve with fries, coleslaw, or any side dish or dipping of your choice.
You can read the detailed recipe of rotisserie chicken here.
How long does rotisserie chicken last?
Rotisserie chicken lasts for about 3-4 days if stored at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the fridge according to the standards set by the USDA.
On the other hand, rotisserie chicken, if kept wrapped in aluminum foil in an air-tight container or air-tight plastic freezer bag, can last for about 4 months in the freezer.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “What is the best way to heat up rotisserie chicken?” with an in-depth analysis of how you can heat up rotisserie chicken in the oven. Moreover, we discussed how you can reheat rotisserie chicken in the air-fryer.