In this brief guide, we will answer the question “What is soy milk good for?” with an in-depth analysis of its health benefits. Moreover, we are going to highlight its nutritional facts.
What is soy milk good for?
Soy milk is high in protein. The protein present in soy milk is healthy. It is a plant-based protein which can help support healthy muscles and organs. Soy milk is a plant-based non-dairy beverage. It can be consumed as an alternative to milk. It’s made from soybeans. Many brands try to fortify their soy milk by adding vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D and calcium.
Soy milk is a blessing for those people who are vegan or lactose intolerant. This dairy-free diet is known as a powerhouse of health benefits.
What are the nutrition facts of soy milk?
There are many types of soy milk available on the markets. The number of calories and the amount of added sugar will differ depending on what you buy. You should always check the nutrient facts label on your brand of choice. Given below are the nutrition facts. These nutritions are for one cup of a popular organic unsweetened soy milk:
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4 grams (g)
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 1 g (0 g added sugars)
- Protein: 7 g
1. Weight loss:
- Soy milk is rich in fiber.
- Fiber is known as having a considerable effect on BMI and good cholesterol levels.
- Fiber present in soy milk helps us with obesity and high blood pressure.
- If you combine soy milk with a low-fat diet and some soy proteins, then it can help you to get rid of obesity. During this, it will keep your muscle mass in place.
2. Better heart health:
- Soy is a product that helps you to improve your good cholesterol levels.
- It also prevents heart diseases.
- Soy milk can improve the plasma lipid levels in people.
- Soy milk can reduce the risk of heart diseases later in life.
- It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and polyunsaturated fats which together promote better heart health.
3. Cures skin issues:
- If you are facing acne outbreaks, then you should add soy milk to your diet.
- Soy milk itself is good enough to reduce hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is a condition in which darkening of the skin occurs.
- Recent research describes that a compound found in soy milk contains anti-aging properties
4. Better hair growth:
- When you combine Soy milk with a protein-rich diet, then it can have a good impact on your hair.
- It can also help in stimulating better hair growth to improve its appearance.
- Soy milk can be beneficial for frizzy and unmanageable hair too.
5. Stronger bones:
- Soy milk is rich in calcium. It is beneficial for your bones.
- Calcium content present in soy milk promotes better bone health by keeping them stronger.
- It helps in maintaining bone structure intact, hence reducing the risk of fractures.
6. Recovery after workout:
- If you do work out, then your body loses some fats and burns some calories and recovery is a must after this.
- If you are a vegan or lactose-intolerant, soy milk can be the perfect beverage for you to ensure better recovery after workouts.
- Riboflavin present in soy milk can help you recover all your lost energy post-workouts.
- Soy milk can boost your mood.
- It contains vitamin B6 and vitamin B complexes. These vitamins are beneficial in improving your mood.
- Soy milk is also rich in magnesium. Magnesium releases the hormone serotonin in your body.
- Magnesium works as an antidepressant for your mind.
8. May improve cholesterol:
- High cholesterol becomes the major reason for heart disease
- Every food that you eat can significantly affect your cholesterol levels.
- Diets that contain soy milk may have beneficial effects.
- Triglycerides are a type of blood lipid or fat. When they are elevated, they can increase your risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Soy milk has beneficial effects on cholesterol and triglyceride levels. This is because soy milk contains the content of certain proteins and isoflavones.
- Isoflavones are known as a class of beneficial plant compounds found largely in soybeans
9. May reduce high blood pressure:
- Like high cholesterol, high blood pressure also becomes the reason for heart disease. High cholesterol increases the risk of kidney disease.
- Recent research states that drinking soy milk has blood-pressure-lowering effects.
Is there anyone who should avoid soy milk?
- If you are allergic to soy, then you should not drink soy milk. If you are not allergic then it is an excellent food for everyone else.
- If you’re pregnant, you can consume soy.
- If you are facing breast cancer, it’s okay to consume a moderate amount of soy, according to AICR.
Here, you can find potential disadvantages of soy milk.
Other FAQs about Soy Milk that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “What is soy milk good for?” with an in-depth analysis of its health benefits. Moreover, we highlighted its nutritional facts.
https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-soy-milk#:~:text=The%20 protein%20in%20soy%20 milk,support%20healthy%20muscles%20and%20organs.&text=Soy%20milk%20is%20rich%20in,of%20dementia%20and%20Alzheimer’s%20disease.