In this text we will answer the question “what is black coffee?”. In addition, we will discuss the types of coffee found in different coffee shops around the world and the nutritional value of black coffee.
What is black coffee?
Black coffee is just plain or regular coffee, with no sugar, cream or other types of extras in the coffee.
The way to make black coffee is just pouring hot water over the coffee grounds and filtering it into a cup to drink. When you use other methods of preparation, or start adding ingredients to coffee, it is no longer a normal black coffee and becomes another beverage.
Additional ingredients like sugar and heavy cream are very common to be added to coffee and most coffee shops offer coffees with these extras, however if you go to a coffee shop and order a black coffee or regular coffee, you will almost certainly receive only a filtered coffee without sugar.
What is the nutritional value of black coffee?
Typically, a regular cup of black coffee containing 250 ml of the beverage has only 2.4 calories. In addition, it has 0% of the total daily value of fats, proteins, carbohydrates and sodium, making it an excellent option for people who are on a diet or do not want to drink high-calorie beverages.
Coffee is a great catalyst for weight loss as it is low in calories and an excellent supplier of caffeine. However, black coffee is not a nutrient supplier, so it should be used as an aid to providing energy within a diet.
Pure coffee is an excellent aid to weight loss diets, and if you want to lose weight, for health or aesthetic reasons, you should follow a diet for this purpose and use black coffee only as an energy stimulant. In weight loss diets, the addition of milk and cream to the cafe increases its caloric content and is not recommended for this purpose.
Can I drink black coffee for weight loss?
Drinking coffee regularly can help you lose weight. The chlorogenic acid contained in black coffee helps with weight loss. Also, the presence of chlorogenic acid in the body after meals slowed down the production of glucose in the body. So the concept that drinking coffee after meals helps with weight loss is correct.
In addition to chlorogenic acid, black coffee also has several antioxidant compounds, which also help the human body to lose weight. Furthermore, adding black coffee to a calorie-deficient diet and exercising will make your body burn more calories than you ingest, making you lose weight faster and in a more natural and healthy way.
How to make black coffee?
Making black coffee is simple: once you’ve chosen your coffee beans and ground them to your preferred size, there are several ways to make good black coffee and some of them are listed below.
- Drip – Hot water is poured through ground coffee into a filter paper. Coffee that is strained drips into a container below. Most electric coffee makers found on the market make coffee this way
- Cold Brew – Ground coffee is brewed with ice water in a refrigerator for 24 hours. After that time, the drink is strained and served chilled, with some ice cubes
- Iced coffee – The coffee is made in the same way as drip coffee and left in the refrigerator until it cools. Coffee can be served with a few ice cubes
- Instant coffee – Instant coffee is mixed with hot water and served still hot
- Coffee capsules – Capsules of black coffee without the addition of any food other than roast and ground coffee are inserted into specific machines. After a while, the hot water passes through the capsule and brews the coffee and then filters it
- French press – The filter is placed over the water mixed with the coffee and then slowly pushed down. As the filter is lowered, the coffee is filtered. Coffee is made by brewing, as the powder is mixed with hot water and after a few minutes separated from the water as the filter is pushed down.
All these ways of preparing coffee are used around the world and depending on the locality some other methods can be used. However, when making black coffee, no other ingredients can be used other than roast and ground coffee and water.
The bottom line
With this brief text we can conclude that black coffee is nothing more than the preparation of coffee using only water. In addition, the habit of consuming coffee combined with the practice of exercise and a balanced diet can help with weight loss.
In addition, different methods of brewing black coffee are used around the world, but all of them result in great black coffee without any other ingredients.
In this text we answered the question “what is black coffee?”. In addition, we discussed the types of coffee found in different coffee shops around the world and the nutritional value of black coffee.