In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “What goes well with oranges?” With an in-depth analysis of the nutritional value and health benefits of the oranges. Moreover, we are going to discuss the storage and the uses of the oranges.
What goes well with oranges?
Various things go well with the oranges. Some of them are as follows;
- Proteins such as fish, chicken, shrimp, almonds, pistachios, and duck
- Herbs and spices such as mint, basil, cilantro, coffee, clove, allspice, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, ginger, thyme, molasses, and mace
- Fruits and vegetables as fruits & Vegetables: pomegranate, apple, coconut, cherries, pineapple, mango, cranberries, lemon, grapefruit, and pomelo, beets, spinach, and raisins
- And many other things such as white chocolate, red wine, ricotta, rice, butter, whipped cream, and butter
What is the nutritional value of the oranges?
Oranges are highly nutritious for your health and give you a large number of health benefits if taken in model rate amounts and the right way.
The nutritional value for 1 orange(140 grams) is as follows;
- Calories: 66
- Water: 86% by weight
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Carbs: 14.8 grams
- Sugar: 12 grams
- Fibre: 2.8 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Vitamin C: 92% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Folate: 9% of the DV
- Calcium: 5% of the DV
- Potassium: 5% of the DV
What are the health benefits of the oranges?
There are several health benefits of the oranges. Some of them are as follows;
- There are several nutrients and plant compounds found in the oranges that help to promote heart health and prevent you from various heart diseases.
- Oranges also help in regulating blood sugar, bad cholesterol and Inflammatory marker C_reactive protein.
- Regular consumption of citrus fruits such as oranges can also lower the risk of other health problems such as cancer and diabetes.
- Vitamin_C rich foods such as oranges can also help you in fighting against anaemia as oranges are a good source of iron.
- Oranges are high in the number of vitamins, minerals and other antioxidants that promote healthy immune function.
How do I properly store the oranges?
Proper storage of the oranges is necessary to prevent the oranges from going bad.
There are several ways through which you can properly store the oranges.
Some of them are as follows;
- You can keep the oranges in a plastic mesh bag to allow the flow of air through them.
- You can also keep the oranges and tangerines in the crisper drawer of the fridge. You can keep them fresh for months there.
- Another way to store the oranges is to put them in an airtight container. If you have cut the oranges then you should wrap them in a plastic bag and put them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge.
Can oranges be frozen?
Yes! Oranges can be frozen to store for a longer time.
You can store the oranges in the freezer in the following way;
- Take a zip_top freezer bag and remove the air from it.
- Then put the oranges in the bag and keep the bag in the freezer.
- In this oranges can be stored for up to a year.
But the disadvantage of storing your oranges in the freezer is that your oranges can lose their juiciness and vitamin content there.
Freezing oranges will also lead to hardening the oranges.
However, you can thaw the oranges before eating them and they remain pretty edible.
You can also freeze the oranges by taking the juice out and freezing this juice.
How can you use oranges?
There are several ways through which you can add oranges to your diet.
Some of the uses of the oranges are as follows;
Oranges have a low amount of calories in them, that’s why you can eat them.
You can also sprinkle the oranges on the top of your foods such as salads, sushi and fish dishes etc.
You can also use the orange peel in teas to help you with stomach cramps and also act as an appetite stimulant.
You can also freeze the orange zest in an ice cube tray and use them in several flavourful drinks.
You can also make old-fashioned marmalade using oranges.
Here are many other ways to use the oranges instead of wasting them.
Can you eat oranges daily can eat the oranges daily and they are great for you.
But you should eat oranges in moderation because overeating them can get you gastrointestinal problems.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “What goes well with oranges?” With an in-depth analysis of the nutritional value and the health benefits of oranges. Moreover, we discussed the storage and the uses of the oranges.