In this brief guide, we will address the query, ”What fruit can boost sperm?” We will also discuss what other foods can boost sperm. Moreover, we will also describe how we can boost sperm naturally and what causes low sperm count in the body.
What fruit can boost sperm?
Fruits like guava, avocados, bananas, pomegranates, oranges, etc can help to boost sperm production.
Most of these fruits are high in antioxidants that keep sperm healthy and swift by protecting them from cellular damage, vitamin B keeps sperm free of chromosomal abnormalities, and vitamin C and vitamin E increases sperm count.
Let us discuss them below:
Guava has a high vitamin C content which increases and improves sperm count and motility. In one of the studies, researchers provided a group of men with vitamin C.
Vitamin C increased the average sperm motility of these individuals from 31.2 percent to 60.1 percent.
Avocados are rich in folate, vitamin E, and zinc. One average avocado is said to contain approximately 41% of folate, 28% of vitamin E, 23% of your B6, 22% of vitamin C, and 12% of zinc.
Adding these nutrients to your diet can help to significantly increase sperm count and motility. This is more than enough reason why you should go for avocado if you want to increase your sperm count.
Vitamins A, B1, and C present in bananas are responsible for producing healthier and stronger sperm cells as well as increasing sperm count.
The enzyme bromelain also helps to improve sperm quality and count by preventing inflammation.
Blueberries are high in antioxidants and low in calories. Antioxidants protect your body from the harmful effects of free radicals that can damage sperm cells and contribute to male fertility issues. Consuming blueberries certainly helps to improve sperm count and motility.
Pomegranates are rich in nutrients that help to boost sperm count. They have a high content of antioxidants, vitamin C, and folate.
One cup of pomegranates provides around 30% of your daily vitamin C requirements and 16% of the recommended daily dose of folate.
All forms of oranges are high in vitamin C which is a crucial requirement for male fertility. Oranges can boost your sperm count and protect the sperm cells from any internal damage.
What other foods can boost sperm?
- Because of the important nutrients they contain, vegetables such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, apricots, spinach, and others are excellent for increasing fertility.
- Foods that are high in Omega-3 fatty acids like crab, salmon, chicken, walnut, pumpkin seeds, and fatty fish are good for enhancing blood flow to your genitals and sperm production.
- Zinc is critical for the development of sperm cells. Zinc-rich foods such as barley, beans, and red meat can increase your sperm count. Zinc deficiency can even cause a decrease in sperm motility, lowering fertility.|
How can we increase sperm count naturally?
Sperm count can be increased naturally or by medication after consulting doctors or health personnel. Some of the natural ways to increase sperm production are:
- Regular exercise and loss of weight in people with obesity can boost sperm count.
- Avoid the use of alcohol and drugs. Excessive consumption of alcohol and drugs can decrease sperm production.
- Increase the intake of fruits that are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C
- Get enough zinc-rich foods like beans and lentils.
- Increase the intake of fatty foods that are rich in omega-3 and omega-6.
- Quit smoking
- Increase the consumption of fenugreek supplements
- Have a balanced diet
- Avoid unprescribed online medicines
- Get plenty of rest
What causes low sperm count in the body?
Male sperm count can decrease due to several factors such as environmental conditions, medical problems, and changes in the lifestyle of an individual.
Overexposure to risky environmental factors such as industrial toxins, metal exposure, radiation or x-rays, and high temperatures might have an impact on sperm production.
These medical conditions can decrease your sperm production resulting in low sperm count:
- Infection to testicles due to sexually transmitted diseases
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Surgical operations such as vasectomy
- Low hormonal production by the Pituitary gland
- Immunologic infertility
- Celiac diseases
To know about the different sperm disorders, please click the link here
- Drinking alcohol
- Use of drugs such as steroids
- Depression and anxiety
- Continuous exposure to high temperature and radioactive chemical
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, ”What fruit can boost sperm?” We have also discussed what other foods can boost sperm. Moreover, we have also described how we can boost sperm naturally and what causes low sperm count in the body.