In this short article, we will be answering the question, “What causes a hard beer belly?” Further, we will be discussing how to get rid of a beer belly and the best ways to reduce a beer belly.
What causes a hard beer belly?
Consuming more alcohol causes a hard beer belly. Studies have revealed that these are not calories in alcohol that cause beer belly, but the overdose of alcohol is the main cause of beer belly. It causes high waist circumference.
Drinking beer reduces the body’s ability to burn fat because once the beer is inside the body, the body starts working to break down alcohol for energy, thus the activity of burning fat is neglected.
Another reason for excess weight is, alcohol reduces the testosterone level in the body, so resultantly the abdominal area gains excessive weight.
What are the best ways to reduce a hard beer belly?
Talking about exercises to reduce abdominal pain seems very easy, but it is very difficult. It requires a lot of exercise to firm up the muscles. If body weight is reduced somehow, then the beer belly could be reduced. To help with that, there are the following strategies to reduce weight and hard beer belly.
Eat less and healthier
You must cut your food portion in half. Other than cutting back on alcohol, control on food portions is also the factor that would help reduce the beer belly. Order less in restaurants because their serving size is more than enough as compared to the normal size.
You should keep a check on the number of calories you are consuming. This is a tiring process, but you must adopt it. Once you are used to it, then it would be easier for you to count on. As a woman, you must limit your calories count to 1500 calories per day if you want to lose 1 pound every week.
As a man, to lose 1 pound in a week, you must limit yourself to 2000 calories per day. These figures can vary depending on the age, weight, activity level, and health of a person.
Make healthy food swaps
You should swap your weight gaining foods with healthy foods like:
- You must try eating strawberries in place of ice cream as dessert.
- Replace soda with water.
- In cooking, you must use olive oil (healthier fat) instead of butter.
To reduce beer belly, you should increase your physical activity. You should do as much exercise as you can. Because the increase in physical activity will burn more calories and help you reduce beer belly as well as body weight.
You should adopt such a lifestyle that helps you reduce your beer belly naturally like you should use stairs instead of an elevator.
How long will it take the hard beer belly to go away?
The answer to this question depends upon the individual, what amount of weight you want to lose, how much exercise you are doing, and the diet, of course.
All you need to do is count your calories per day and exercise daily. If you are consistent with it and do not cheat on dieting, then you would lose weight easily.
How to hide a beer belly?
If it is difficult for you to lose beer belly and you want some tricks to make it less noticeable.
- Try to wear loose clothes like bottom-up shirts because in tight shirts the beer belly portion becomes more visible. So, try not to wear tight shirts.
- You should not wear light color pants and shorts, and dark-colored tops because this color combination makes the body more prominent. So, always wear dark-colored shorts/pants and light-colored tops.
- When you have a beer belly, your legs look skinnier as compared to your upper body; so wearing dark-colored dresses helps make beer belly less noticeable.
- You should not tuck in your shirt because it makes you look fatter and your beer belly becomes visible.
- If you are fond of wearing striped shirts, then you should choose vertical stripes. Horizontal stripes are not going to make you look fit.
- You should wear tailored pants because these pants help you hide your beer belly.
- You should go with high-rise jeans if you want to make your beer belly less noticeable. Avoid low-rise pants.
- You should always wear a single-colored shirt or blouse. Single-colored shirts help you look less beer belly shaped.
Do you need to see a doctor for a hard beer belly?
Not necessarily. Beer belly is not a medical emergency that you need to visit a doctor. But you can visit a doctor to avoid other medical problems rising due to your increasing weight.
These problems could be type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, and joint problems. There could also be some digestive issues like irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, and blockage in the intestine.
Other FAQs about Beer that you may be interested in.
In this short article, we have answered the question, “What causes a hard beer belly?” Moreover, we have emphasized the risks related to a hard beer belly and how to reduce a hard beer belly through exercise and controlling diet.