In this brief article, we will answer the question, “What can I substitute for rice vinegar?” and discuss the possible substitutes for rice vinegar.
What can I substitute for rice vinegar?
In case of a shortfall of rice vinegar, rice vinegar can be best substituted for apple cider vinegar, champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, distilled white vinegar and white balsamic vinegar.
Rice vinegar is made up of fermented rice. Vinegar is produced by fermenting rice into alcohol and then into acetic acid. Rice vinegar is used to make sushi, pickled vegetables, and salad dressings.
Rice vinegar is used to add flavour to the dishes. It has many health benefits. It boosts our immunity.
Substitutes for rice vinegar
If there is a shortfall of rice vinegar in your kitchen or nearby stores, no need to worry, you can use its substitutes. Here we have elaborated on the list of substitutes for rice vinegar. These substitutes give nearly equal flavour and taste to the dish.
Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar can be a substitute for rice vinegar. It is merely sweet in flavour. It also gives a fruity flavour. There are beneficial phenolic compounds and bacteria which are antimicrobial, antifungal, and antioxidant.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- It improves insulin sensitivity.
- It helps in losing weight.
- It is beneficial for reducing belly fat
- It helps in lowering cholesterol.
- It also helps in improving heart health.
It can be used as a substitute for rice vinegar. It adds flavour. It can be used in salad dressings. But it costs more than rice vinegar. It has many healthy kinds of vinegar.
Benefits of using champagne vinegar:
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in improving blood pressure.
- It improves immunity.
White wine vinegar:
It is the substitute for rice vinegar that is most used in salad dressings. It gives a sweet taste. White wine vinegar is used for vegetable dressings. It has many health benefits.
Benefits of using white wine vinegar:
- It helps in improving weight loss.
- It helps in strengthening hair bonds.
- It helps in preventing blood clots.
- It increases calcium absorption and retention.
Lemon juice can be a substitute for rice vinegar. It may bring a slight change in the flavour. It can be used in salad vegetables and as a quick salad dressing. For males, 12% intake of vitamin C is recommended, and for females, 14.6% intake of vitamins is recommended. These percentages are covered in lemon juice which contains 11 mg of vitamin C per fluid ounce.
Benefits of lemon juice:
- It helps in fighting cancer.
- It helps in clearing skin.
- It helps in easy digestion.
- It also helps in preventing kidney stones.
Distilled white vinegar:
A colourless solution of acetic acid and water is produced through distilled vinegar. It can be used as a substitute for rice vinegar. It may bring some change in the flavour but still it is somehow used as a substitute.
It can also be used for household cleaning.
Benefits of distilled white vinegar:
- It helps lower blood sugar
- It helps in improving cholesterol level
- It may help in losing weight
- It helps in promoting PH balance
- It helps in killing bacteria
White balsamic vinegar:
White balsamic vinegar can be used as a replacement for rice vinegar. It gives light colour and flavour to the dish. The reason that makes it the best substitute for rice vinegar is the cleaner taste. It is used in salad dressing.
It is high in polyphenols and organic acids. It is a good source of antioxidants.
Benefits of white balsamic vinegar:
- It helps in improving skin health.
- It contains antimicrobial compounds, acetic acid, and antioxidants.
- It helps reduce blood sugar.
- It lowers cholesterol
- It treats wounds
- It reduces hypertension
- It relieves congestion
- It helps in healthy digestion
Lime juice can be a substitute for rice vinegar. It works the same as lemon juice. It is also a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants. If you have an allergy after consuming lime, then you should skip this substitute.
Benefits of lime juice:
- It helps in improving immunity
- It helps in reducing heart diseases
- It helps in preventing kidney stones
- It is helpful in the absorption of iron
- It promotes healthy skin.
You can consume lime juice daily because it strengthens the immune system and keeps your body healthy. It helps in shortening the duration of an illness.
Other FAQs about Vinegar that you may be interested in.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “What can I substitute for rice vinegar?” and discussed the possible substitutes for rice vinegar.