This blogpost will discuss if working for Uber Eats is worth it. We will also be explaining how you can start working for Uber Eats. Finally, we will list out some tips that Uber Eats drivers can use to make more money on this app. Uber Eats and other food delivery apps have not only redefined the take out experience but also the gig economy.
Is working for Uber Eats worth it?
Yes, working for Uber Eats is worth it. This is mainly due to the fact that apart from money, working for this food delivery app can bring a range of perks such as flexible working hours and bonuses. Uber Eats delivery can be done by those who have cars, scooters. bicycles and even those who do not have any such vehicle.
How to work for Uber Eats?
Before working for Uber Eats, you will need to check if you have the basic requirements. These include the following:
- A vehicle, like a car, a scooter or a bicycle, if you are planning on delivering to far-off locations
- Valid driver’s license if you are opting to deliver by car or by scooter
- Be at least 18 years and above
- A Social Security number to provide for your background tests
If you have these requirements, you can use the pointers below to start delivering for Uber Eats:
- You will need to download the Uber Driver app and create an account. This will include your name, phone number, address and your email id. You will also need to show your driver’s license. In addition to this, you will need to show proof of your vehicle registration and insurance.
- Once you have submitted this information, Uber Eats will take a day or two to do a background check for your application.
- When this has been completed, Uber Eats will send an email to you that will include a username and a password for you to log into your app. You can now start delivering for Uber Eats.
- When you are ready to deliver, simply go online in the Driver app. The app will automatically show you the various food delivery requests that are available near you. You can tap on the request to accept it.
- The app will immediately show you the navigation to the restaurant as well as the directions to the customer’s location. There is also a support feature in the app that you can contact in the case of any hiccups. Once you have completed the delivery, you will be paid including a per-mile or per-minute rate. You may also get a tip for your customer.
Tips for Uber Eats drivers
Delivering for Uber Eats has become a very popular choice among those who are looking for a side-hustle. Many of these gig workers are also doing this full-time. Some tips or suggestions that Uber Eats drivers can use to earn more money through the app have been mentioned in the section below.
Start delivering at the right times
Just like traffic, even food deliveries have peak hours and off-peak hours. If you are choosing to deliver during peak-hours, there are high chances of you making a lot more money. Peak hours are not the same in every city so it is important that you understand your local culture. Commonly, the peak hours during weekdays are 11am to 2 pm and 5pm to 11pm.
Provide great customer service
Nothing beats customer service. And this is not only up to the restaurant but also the delivery person. If you provide great customer service, you can easily expect a great tip from your customer. Some things that you can do to improve the customer service are updating your customer about any delays in delivery and being friendly when dropping off the food.
Take photos of your drop-off
When you have delivered the food to the customer’s house, it is also important that you take pictures of your drop-off. This is only for contactless deliveries which have become very common after the onset of COVID-19. Another tip that successful Uber Eats drivers follow is to take a picture of the food with the food delivery bag near it.
Another thing that you can do to make sure your food is being delivered properly is to separate the hot and cold items in your delivery bag. This will make sure that the food is served warm enough when it reaches the customer. It will also make sure that the delicious ice-cream sundae that the customer has ordered does not melt into worthless goo before it reaches their house.
Choose stacked orders wisely
Stacked orders are basically multiple orders from one restaurant. The Uber Eats delivery person will pick these orders and deliver them to multiple locations. While this can certainly pump in more money, it needs to be done sensibly. Otherwise it can end up costing more for the delivery person. Try choosing stacked orders where the drop-off is in a more commercial location.
This blogpost has discussed if working for Uber Eats is worth it. We have also explained how you can start working for Uber Eats. Finally, we have listed out some tips that Uber Eats drivers can use to make more money on this app.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.