This article will answer the following question: Is it safe to eat salad in Thailand? We will tell you where to eat and not eat in Thailand, and what precautions to take while enjoying Thai cuisine.
Is it safe to eat salad in Thailand?
It is safe to eat a salad in Thailand, but you have to be careful where you buy it from. Generally speaking, you should avoid eating all those fruits and vegetables that you cannot peel or wash with bottled water. If they are freshly cooked, you don’t have to worry, however.
Also, be cautious when you move away from urban centers. There will be situations when it is impossible to wash the fruit, such as when you go to drink one of the delicious Thai smoothies, try the sticky mango rice or eat a salad.
In these cases, you must choose quality sites. A little further down in the section on Eating in Thailand on the street, I leave you some tips to learn to distinguish where to eat in Thailand and where you should not do it.
Eating in Thailand is one of the reasons why you should visit this country. Its food brims with tradition and history. Besides, its growth has been exponential, and it is one of the most popular cuisines in the world.
That is why you should not miss those delicious delicacies that are in the street stalls. But of course, you should not do it at any cost. I mean, eating in Thailand can be a negative experience if you can’t tell the good from the bad.
On the street, you will find delicious food. With these tips, I will teach you to enjoy it without unpleasant side effects.
Where to eat in Thailand
- Places where there are many people. Suppose most of them are Thai, the better. You will make sure that the price is reasonable and the food is of quality.
- Establishments where food is being prepared continuously. Watch the cook as he prepares it; it’s quite a show.
- Look at the hands of the staff. They must be clean and, of course, that they do not put their finger in your food.
- Take a look at forks, knives, and plates, even if they are plastic. Make sure they are pristine.
Of course, these measures should be taken to the extreme if you are in places where a catastrophe has occurred recently. The establishment should make a good impression on you.
Where not to eat in Thailand
- In places where there are no one or very few people. It will mean that the food is not of quality and probably expensive.
- Avoid establishments where there are no Thais. They know where quality food is at a reasonable price.
- Do not eat food that has been cooked for a long time. It’s probably full of germs and bacteria that make our stay in Thailand bitter.
- In places where workers are unsanitary.
- Places where your shelves, refrigerators, tables, and utensils are dirty.
If you are not comfortable or see something strange that does not give you a good feeling, get out there. There are many places to eat quality food in Thailand.
What you should eat in Thailand
Well, eat everything that enters your eye. Of course, follow all these tips that I have given you. There is a lot of information out there—thousands and thousands of data that can drive you crazy. Stay in your head with what I just told you and enjoy all the wonders of this country.
There are numerous delicacies in Thailand that you must try before returning. I’m going to tell you the three that I like the most.
Sticky Rice Mango
Made with rice, coconut cream, brown sugar, and coconut cream. A classic of Thai cuisine. An excellent option to take it mid-morning or afternoon. Do not leave Thailand without eating the mango sticky rice.
Eating Pad Thai in Thailand is more than assured because no establishment does not offer it on its menu. It is a dish cooked with rice noodles with red pepper, bean sprouts, chives, garlic, chicken, prawns, and nuts. It is delicious, and you can have it for lunch or dinner.
Dragon fruit is also known as Pitaya. We love it for its flavor and its exoticism. In addition to Thailand, you can find it in Latin America and other Asian countries. Just take it when you feel like it.
Thai cuisine is one of the main tourist attractions in the country. I want the experience of eating in Thailand to be as pleasant for you as it was for me, so I have prepared this article for you. You just have to follow a few tips, and with that, you will have more than enough.
- Don’t drink tap water. Only bottled or treated water.
- To eat fruits and vegetables: remember to wash them, peel them, or be well cooked. If, for any reason, you are going to drink them raw, remember to choose the right place.
- Meat, fish, seafood, and eggs: always very well cooked.
- Eat-in the street without fear: but remember to choose the place well.
- Don’t leave Thailand without trying sticky mango rice, pad thai, and dragon fruit.
- And have a great time!
If you have any questions or comments on the content, please let us know!
Thaiest.com – Thai Food Dishes You Must Try
Thespruceeats.com – Traditional Thai Recipes
Aboutthatfood.com – Thai Food