Is it safe to eat from the subway?
In this short article, we will provide an answer to the question “is it safe to eat from the subway
?” and their hygiene implementations and new steps with healthy options.
Is it safe to eat from the subway?
Yes, it is safe to eat from the subway. They’ve added additional criteria and ideas to ensure that restaurants abide by local laws and are dedicated to your safety, including the following requirements and recommendations:
- Restaurant employees who are required to wear masks
- Markers on the floor of our restaurants to serve as additional suggestions for social distance.
- Wherever possible, restricting and segregating in-restaurant seating to ensure proper social separation is recommended.
- Establishing separate zones for workers and guests at participating locations.
- The assurance that all sandwich line components are completely protected.
- Increasing the frequency with which restaurants are cleaned
- Dispensers for hand sanitizer have been placed in a number of our restaurants for your health and safety.
New concepts that have been implemented in subways
A few restaurants are experimenting with a grocery store concept to provide fresh veggies and other Subway staples to local communities, while grocery stores are struggling to keep up with the demand for online orders.
In addition to these options, some Subway franchisees have developed Subway Marketplace, which enables you to purchase a choice of your favorite Subway sandwiches from the comfort of your own home, complete with bread and a selection of pre-packaged meats and vegetables.
The Subway app and order.subway.com will continue to make ordering meals easy and convenient, and we will continue to provide secure curbside pickup at several locations.
For a limited time, we are also offering free Subway delivery via our delivery partners, who also provide no-contact delivery options.
As an example, consider how it is accomplished:
- Using the promo code SUBWAY NOW, Subway delivery is now available for free* via our delivery partners, including Uber Eats, DoorDash, Postmates, Grubhub, and Seamless.
- Additional contactless delivery options may be available to you by contacting our shipping and receiving partners directly.
- Takeout Value and Special Promotions – Getting the most out of your money is important in these unpredictable economic times, so make the most of your money here. We’ll offer a selection of deals available for takeout and/or delivery. If you have any questions or reservations about the current offers at your chosen location, please contact the Subway in your neighborhood.
Subway restaurant food that is more nutrient-dense.
The Fresh Fit menu includes the bulk of Subway’s healthier choices, including a variety of salads and soups. The calories and fat in these protein-packed meals are kept to a bare minimum. The American Heart Association’s Heart-Check Certification has been awarded to the vast majority of these individuals (AHA).
This means that the meal meets the dietary standards set out by the American Heart Association as a heart-healthy option to consume. According to the company’s website, Subway is the first fast-food restaurant to be awarded Heart-Check Certification in the world.
Some of Subway’s healthier choices, as well as their nutritional information, may be found on this page.
To be eligible for the Heart-Check Certification, sandwiches must be made using 9-grain whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and cucumbers, among other ingredients. Additionally, bear in mind that the sodium level meets the criteria only if this is the sole source of salt available to the consumer. If you include the chips, the total will most likely surpass the maximum allowable amount.
Subway’s salads had previously been certified by the Heart-Check Foundation as heart-healthy. Each salad is made up of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, and olives, as well as a variety of other vegetables and proteins (if appropriate).
Heart-Check certification is only applicable to salads prepared with Sweet Onion salad dressing. All other salads do not qualify. Each salad has 40 calories, 0 grams of fat, 85 milligrams of salt, 8 grams of sugar, and 9 grams of carbs from the dressing.
Subway offers a variety of healthy options for children as well.
Subway provides four heart-healthy children’s meals in addition to its regular menu. Each meal is comprised of a small sandwich, apple slices, and fat-free milk, among other things.
In comparison to many other fast-food restaurants, Subway offers a more diverse variety of nutritious dishes. Although Subway meals include minimal sugar and are rich in fiber and protein, they still contain a lot of fat and salt.
Subway’s appeal is enhanced by the option to personalize your dish. When using this option, healthy toppings should be used in place of cheese and high-calorie sauces.
In this short article, we provided an answer to the question “is it safe to eat from the subway?” and their hygiene implementations and new steps with healthy options.