Is HelloFresh FDA approved? (+11 Freshness hacks)
In this article, we will discuss if HelloFresh is FDA approved. We will also mention a few tips or hacks that you can use to keep your food fresh for longer periods of time. Furthermore, we will be checking out some of the best features that are available in HelloFresh. HelloFresh is the no.1 meal-kit delivery service in the United States today.
Is HelloFresh FDA approved?
Yes, HelloFresh is FDA approved. This means that the meal-kit delivery service follows certain practices in its processes which are approved by the FDA and thus are Safe Quality Food certified. And thus, the customer is ensured not only the best in taste from HelloFresh, but also the highest level of safety.
Hacks to keep food fresh
There are several hacks or tips that you can use to keep your food fresher for longer periods of time. Some hacks have been mentioned in the following section.
- Bread is a wonderful carb and a staple in almost every household. However, this is one of the easiest foods to get bad or moldy. One way to preserve the integrity of the bread, along with its freshness is to just pop it into the freezer. You can always heat the bread when you are going to use it.
- Onions and potatoes are delicious until they start sprouting arms and legs. To prevent this from happening, you can store them in a dark and cool place. You can also toss an apple with your basket of potatoes. The ethylene gas released from the apple will preserve the freshness of the potatoes and prevent it from sprouting.
- If you want to preserve the freshness of your carrots, you can always bury them in some sand. The sand absorbs the extra moisture from the carrots and prevents evaporation of the juices inside. These can save you from dry and limp carrots in your salad.
- If you have leftovers that you want to save, make sure that they are completely cool before you place them in your fridge. This can save your refrigerator and also prevent contamination of the leftovers.
- While storing things in the refrigerator make sure that you are using airtight containers which have rubber lids. This will not lock in the flavor and the freshness of the dish, but also prevent the smell from contaminating other dishes in the fridge.
- If you are refrigerating vegetables and fruits in the crisper of your fridge, make sure that you are lining the crisper with towels to absorb the extra moisture from your produce. This will help in keeping your produce fresher for longer periods of time and prevent rotting of your veggies.
- If you have gallons of milk at home, you can always freeze them in the refrigerator. This is especially in regards to fresh milk, which tends to go bad pretty easily.
- Berries can be tasty, nutritious but quite expensive if you are buying a lot. However, these little packets of joy are one of the easiest foods to start rotting. To keep the berries fresher for longer periods of time, just bathe these in a little diluted vinegar before popping them in the fridge. The vinegar will prevent mold from forming on the surface of the berries.
- Bananas can be delicious, healthy and quite cheap but are easily prone to rot. One way to keep these wonderful things fresh for a longer period of time is to never separate them from the main stalk. You can also wrap the stalk in saran wrap that can keep your bananas fresh for a longer time.
- While storing things in your refrigerator make sure that there is enough room between the containers. This will allow the cold air to pass between them, and thereby help them stay fresh for longer.
- If you bought herbs for your cooking, you can always store them like a bouquet in a jug full of water. When they are getting dry, chop them up into tiny bits and freeze them in your ice-tray with a little olive oil. You can simply take one cube and use it while cooking.
Best features in HelloFresh
HelloFresh has a number of features that make it such a popular meal-kit delivery service in the world today. A few of the best features that are present in HelloFresh are:
- The customer has several categories to choose from in HelloFresh. There are meat and veggie meal kits, only veggie meal kits and even seafood meal kits. In addition to these, there are also various serving sizes.
- The recipes in HelloFresh are pretty easy to follow and cook. The meal cards also mention the different tools and equipment that needs to be used in the cooking aspect.
- Not all meal kits need to be cooked. HelloFresh also has an Oven Fresh option. Here, the customer only needs to pop the meal in the microwave or even a conventional oven and cook it for a specific period of time before it is ready to consume.
Other FAQs about HelloFresh that you may be interested in.
In this article, we have discussed if HelloFresh is FDA approved. We have also mentioned a few tips or hacks that you can use to keep your food fresh for longer periods of time. Furthermore, we have checked out some of the best features that are available in HelloFresh.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions in the space below.