In this brief guide, we will address and answer the query, “Is bang bang sauce the same as yum yum sauce?” and answer other related questions like “How are bang bang sauce and yum yum sauce made?”
Is bang bang sauce the same as yum yum sauce?
No, bang bang Sauce is not the same as yum yum sauce.
The following are points highlighting the difference:
- Bang bang sauce has a sweet and spicy taste. It has a smooth and creamy texture. It is used to complement the taste of a variety of food items such as vegetables, meat, fish dishes, pasta, etc.
- Yum yum sauce is a traditional Japanese steakhouse mayo-based sauce. It has an incredibly strong essence and taste. This is a very popular sauce. It has a light, sweet and tangy flavor.
- Bang bang sauce is made using the following ingredients:
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce
- Yum yum sauce is made using the following ingredients:
- Rice Vinegar
- Tomato Paste
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Both yum yum sauce and bang bang sauce can be easily bought from local grocery stores or can also be made at home fresh as and when required using just simple everyday kitchen ingredients.
- Bang bang sauce is of two types. This depends upon how the ingredients are mixed and which ingredient is added more as per taste requirement. The types are:
- Sweet bang bang Sauce
- Spicy bang bang Sauce
- Yum yum sauce is also available in different flavors such as,
- Original flavor
- Chipotle flavor
- Roasted Garlic flavor
- Bang bang sauce can be served with nearly everything. It can be served with food items such as grilled chicken, shrimp, fish, pork, or beef, can be used as a dipping sauce for bacon-wrapped shrimp, gochujang chicken wings, wraps, burgers, finger chips, potato wedges, potato cakes, etc. It also goes well with lots of different vegetarian recipes such as roasted cauliflower, roasted broccoli, roasted zucchini, etc.
- Yum yum sauce is used with a lot of different variety of dishes such as a dipping sauce for shrimp, with fried rice, many different types of noodles, grilled chicken, meat, seafood, slathered on hamburger and hot dog buns, French fries, sweet potato fries, potstickers, wontons, can be slathered over sushi, rice balls, pasta salads, potato salads, mashed potatoes, can be used a salad dressing, etc.
How are bang bang sauce and yum yum sauce made?
Bang Bang Sauce:
- Mix half a cup of mayonnaise and half a cup of Thai sweet chili sauce in a bowl. Add a very small quantity of sriracha sauce, honey, and paprika. Whisk all the ingredients in thoroughly until a smooth texture is achieved. Thill the right amount of wetness is seen, keep whisking the mixture. Finally, add a little bit of salt and pepper as flavoring enhancers as per requirement.
- It is important to note that one should keep tasting the mixture while it is mixed and whisked. The ingredients should be added and adjusted till the sauce will taste right. This will also help in achieving the right flavor as per one’s personal preference.
- It should be used when it is fresh. However, it can also be stored in an airtight container for a short period of time as it does not have a long shelf life.
- Yum yum Sauce
- Similar to bang bang sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Keep whisking the resultant mixture. Add a small amount of water to achieve the right level of liquidness. If required more water can be added to reduce the thickness of the sauce as per one’s preference. The ingredients should be adjusted accordingly.
- Yum yum sauce can be used as a kitchen hack as it also comes in handy as a great base sauce. To adjust the taste and enhance the flavor, one can add extra seasonings as per the requirement of the dish it will be used with. One can also add in small quantities, cayenne, vinegar and/or extra pepper.
- This has a decent shelf life and can be stored for over ten days and consumed as and when required. It should be stored in the refrigerator in a separate sealed container. However, since it is easy to make, it is always advised to make it fresh in small quantities. Since the freshness affects the way, it’ll taste with the dishes it’ll be used for.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “Is bang bang sauce the same as yum yum sauce?” and answered other related questions like “Is bang bang sauce the same as yum yum sauce?”