In this blog, we will answer the question “Is Bachan’s BBQ sauce gluten-free?” and discuss the various gluten-free recipes one can make.
Is Bachan’s BBQ Sauce gluten-free?
No, not all Bachan’s BBQ Sauces are gluten-free. However, they do have a product that is entirely gluten-free and tastes almost the same as the gluten-full ones.
What are the ingredients of Bachan’s Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce?
Here are the ingredients of Bachan’s Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce-
- Non-GMO Tamari Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Sugar)
- Cane Sugar
- Mirin (Water, Rice, Koji Seed, Sea Salt)
- Tomato Paste
- Organic Ginger
- Green Onion
- Organic Rice Vinegar
- Organic Garlic
- Sea Salt
- Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
What are some delicious dishes that you can make using Bachan’s Gluten-Free Japanese BBQ Sauce?
There are so many gluten-free BBQ recipes that you can make using Bachan’s gluten-free sauce. Here are some of them-
- Soy Curl Rice Noodles
- Agedashi Tofu
- Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Kabobs
- Apple Butter & Sriracha Marinade
- Black Garlic & Lime Cedar Plank Salmon
- Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
- Grilled Pizza
Soy Curl Rice Noodles
- Dried soy curls- 8 ounces
- Vegan beef bouillon powder- 1 tablespoon
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Hot water- 2 cups
- Cornstarch-¼ cup
- Avocado oil- 1 tbsp
- Bachan’s Gluten-Free Japanese BBQ Sauce- ¼ cup
- Minced garlic
- Coleslaw veggies
- Green peas
- Rice noodles
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Combine dry soy curls, vegan beef bouillon powder, Gluten-Free Bachan’s Sauce, and 2 cups hot water in a glass or metal bowl. Allow for 10 minutes of resting time before draining or straining in a colander
- Toss the seasoned soy curls in cornstarch to coat, then cook for 10 minutes in a frying pan with avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Make a half-turn. Remove from heat and add Bachan’s.
- Prepare the rest of your noodle bowl ingredients while the soy curls are soaking and then cooking. Broccoli, garlic, coleslaw vegetables, green peas, rice noodles, or any vegetables you have on hand.
- In a wok or large pan, sauté your vegetables and rice noodles after the soy curls are in the frying pan.
- Serve with a drizzle of Bachan’s, soy curls, toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions, and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds on top!
- Serve and enjoy a great vegan supper that was simple to prepare and execute.
- Block soft or medium-firm tofu- 1
- Dashi- 1 cup
- Bachan’s Gluten-free Japanese BBQ Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Cornstarch or potato starch- ¼ cup
- Neutral high heat oil- 3 cups
- Sliced scallions (optional)
- Katsuobushi (optional)
- Drain the tofu on paper towels, change them out when they become damp, and flip it on all sides.
- Bring the dashi and Bachan’s to a gentle boil, then turn off the heat.
- Cut the tofu into 8 equal pieces on a chopping board.
- Preheat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oil is heating, coat the tofu evenly with potato starch or cornstarch, gently pressing to adhere.
- Excess should be shaken off.
- Fry the tofu in the hot oil until light golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes, flipping as required.
- When crisp, drain on a wire rack.
- Divide the dashi evenly among four small bowls and top each with two slices of tofu.
- Add sliced scallions and katsuobushi on the top. Enjoy right away!
Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Kabobs
- turkey breast cutlets- 1.5 lbs.
- pineapple juice- 12 oz.
- Gluten-free Bachan’s Japanese BBQ Sauce- ⅓ cup
- brown sugar- ⅓ cup
- rice wine vinegar- 2 Tbsp.
- sesame oil- 2 Tbsp.
- garlic minced- 5 cloves
- garlic powder- ½ tsp.
- red pepper flakes- ½ tsp.
- black pepper- ½ tsp.
- sea salt- ½ tsp.
- ground ginger- ¼ tsp.
- bell peppers (variety of red, orange, green or yellow)- 5-6
- purple onion- 1 large
- sweet onion- 1
- Pineapple slices (optional for kabobs or having as a side)
- cooked Jasmine rice- 3 cups
- Using a Ziploc freezer bag, line a bowl. Fill the freezer bag halfway with turkey cutlet pieces. While you’re making the marinade, set it aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, coconut aminos, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sea salt, and ground ginger in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. This will make around 2 cups of marinade.
- 3/4 cup of the marinade should be poured over the turkey. Seal the bag and massage the turkey to distribute the marinade evenly. Refrigerate a wrapped bag in the basin for 4 hours or up to 24 hours to marinate.
- Cover and keep the rest of the marinade at room temperature until needed. (Save this portion for basting and serving as a dipping sauce for cooked kabobs and rice.)
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes or more before assembling kabobs. (I only completed 20 minutes, which resulted in some scorched ends.) Cut the peppers and onions into slices that are roughly the same size as the turkey pieces (1.5-2″ pieces).
- Remove the turkey from the refrigerator as well as the marinade. Remove the turkey marinade and toss it out. Thread peppers, onions, and marinated turkey chunks alternately on each skewer. Allow 1″ to 1.5″ at either end of the skewer to be free of food so you can easily hold the ends for spinning.
- While your grill is heating up, make 3 cups of jasmine rice according to the package directions. Preheat the grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. To prevent kabobs from sticking to the grill, lightly oil the grates.
- Cook the kabobs for 5 minutes on the grill. Brush (baste) the reserved marinade on one side, then turn and baste the other. 5 minutes on the grill. Baste the turkey, check the temperature, and continue grilling until it reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. Our kabobs took about 20 minutes to cook, but the overall time will vary depending on the grill and the weather.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Bring the remaining marinade from brushing to a boil on the heat before serving. Then serve with jasmine rice and kabobs.
Other FAQs about Sauces that you may be interested in.
In this blog, we have answered the question “Is Bachan’s BBQ sauce gluten-free?” and discussed the various gluten-free recipes one can make.
Hope this blog answered your question and was insightful. If you have got any other queries, feel free to comment below.