In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How to reheat pulled pork the next day?” with an in-depth analysis of the different methods to reheat pork. Moreover, we are going to discuss how long can cooked pork be refrigerated.
How to reheat pulled pork the next day?
The following methods can be used to reheat the pulled pork the next day.
Reheat in the oven, crockpot, microwave, grill, or on the stovetop.
Reheat in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 250°F. You want to keep the temperature low since you are only reheating the meat, and higher temperatures are more likely to dry it out.
- Prepare a baking dish (such as this one) for the pulled pork. If you pour some of the leftover meat juices into the pan, it will be less likely to dry out. Cover the pan with aluminum foil or another oven-safe method.
- Place the covered pan in the oven and bake it at this temperature until heated. Remember that you are only warming and not cooking, so it should not take long.
- Reheat the meat until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. The time required to attain this temperature may vary based on the amount of meat being reheated. This is merely to reheat it because it is already done. When you take the pulled pork out of the oven, mix it thoroughly.
Reheat in the crockpot:
- Put your pulled pork in the crockpot. Pour any remaining liquids or sauces on top of the meat. If you didn’t preserve any, add additional sauce or liquid to help keep the meat from drying out.
- Set your slow cooker to a warm setting. Allow the beef to cook on the warm heat for 2-4 hours. The internal temperature of the beef should be around 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can choose a lower temperature if you wish, but we’ve found that warm is about that temperature.
- Once the meat has been warmed to the correct temperature, take it from the crockpot and serve.
Reheat in the microwave:
- Put the pulled pork in a microwave-safe dish. When using the microwave, just heat what you need to heat. Reheat the beef with some juice or sauce. If you have leftover juices, this works nicely, but you may also use broth or apple juice as an alternative. If you neglect this step, the pulled pork will be dry.
- Microwave the dish with the pulled pork for 2 minutes. The internal temperature of the meat should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If the meat is not warm enough after 2 minutes, continue cooking in 30-second increments until it reaches the correct temperature for consumption.
- Remove from the microwave and whisk to combine. Examine the temperature. When it has reached the desired temperature, serve and enjoy.
Reheat on the grill:
- It is preferable if you can reheat using an indirect cooking method. This means you’ll want the heat on one side and the meat on the other for the greatest results. Preheat one side of the grill to 225 degrees F. Coat the meat in juice or sauce to help it retain moisture.
- Wrap the pulled pork in two sheets of aluminum foil. Before sealing the foil completely, add around 1/4 cup of water. Place the meat on the grill’s opposite side from the heat.
- Allow the pulled pork to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Finally, unwrap the meat and set it on the grill for about 5 minutes to crisp up the bark.
Reheat on the stovetop:
- Put the pulled pork in a plastic bag. It’s preferable if you can vacuum seal the bag, but you can alternatively securely expel all of the air and close the bag.
- Bring a kettle of water to a temperature of at least 165 degrees. It does not have to be boiling, but it should be close to that temperature.
- Place the bag of pork in the boiling water and soak for 45 minutes. If the meat is frozen, add roughly 30 minutes to the cooking time. Check the meat’s internal temperature to ensure it reaches 165°F. Remove the meat gently from the liquid and unzip the bag.
How long can cooked pork be refrigerated?
The pork will stay in the refrigerator for three to five days after cooking. Cooked pork should be kept at or below 40°F at all times. If the cooked pork starts to smell bad or if visible mold growth emerges, throw it away.
What are the signs that cooked pork is bad?
If you discover a bad odor or obvious mold development, discard the pork immediately.
Other FAQs about Pulled Pork that you may be interested in.
Can you freeze pulled pork with BBQ sauce on it?
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How to reheat pulled pork the next day?” with an in-depth analysis of the different methods to reheat pork. Moreover, we discussed how long can cooked pork be refrigerated.