In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How to read soda expiration date?” with an in-depth analysis of “How long can you use soda?”Moreover, we are going to discuss the nutritional value and the adverse effects of soda consumption.
How to read the soda expiration date?
You can read the soda’s expiration date either on the cap or neck or bottom of the bottle or soda can.
It is written in the form of MM DD YYYY format along with some additional codes.
Those additional codes have nothing to do with the expiry date of the soda.
Can you drink expired soda?
Yes! You can drink expired soda and it won’t make you sick either.
So, if you have an expired bottle of soda and you are thirsty you may drink it.
But the expiration date mentioned on it should be months ago not years ago.
Moreover, you might not be able to get the good taste of it as you got before the expiration date.
Because soda after the expiration date starts losing carbonation and turns flat.
Generally, you can consume soda for six to nine months after its expiration date has passed.
How long can you use soda?
The soda comes with an expiration date.
It is written by the manufacturers to let us know the date till which we can enjoy the best taste of it.
However, if the soda is properly stored, you can use it even after the expiration date.
The shelf life of the soda is given below;
- The unopened soda can last for about 6_9 months past the expiration date both at room temperature and in the fridge.
- Unopened soda bottles also stay drinkable for 6_9 months past the expiration date both at room temperature and in the refrigerator.
- The opened can of soda lasts for only 12_14 hours both at room temperature and in the refrigerator.
- However, the opened bottle of soda can last for 2_3 days in the fridge and 1_3 days at room temperature.
What are the signs of expired soda?
You should make sure whether your soda is drinkable or not before consuming it.
There are a few signs that can easily let you know that your soda has gone bad and should not be consumed.
Some of the signs of the expired soda are following;
- If the can or the bottle of the soda looks dusty or it seems to have a lot of exposure to the elements, its quality may deteriorate.
- If the container is in good condition but soda has lost its carbonation, it has also expired.
- The loss of carbonation can be indicated by the loss of fizz or any bubbles in the soda.
- Expired soda also used to have a bad taste which indicates that it has gone flat.
How can you increase the shelf life of the soda?
If the soda is properly stored, its shelf life can be increased.
To increase the shelf life of the soda, you should keep a few things in mind.
- Always store the soda in a dark or cool place if you want to store it in the pantry.
- You should try to keep the temperature consistent at which it is stored to avoid the loss of carbonation.
- However, if you have a fridge, always keep soda in it as it’s the best way to store it.
- Also, try to purchase bottled soda instead of canned soda as it lasts longer than canned soda.
Can you freeze soda?
No! You should always avoid freezing the soda because it can ruin your soda, especially canned soda.
Because it can damage the structure of your soda can.
What is the nutritional value of soda?
Soda isn’t good for your health and its regular use must be avoided as it can cause several health problems.
The nutritional value for the 12 ounces of the Coca-cola given by the USDA is as follows;
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 43.2g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fibre: 0g
- Sugars: 39g
- Protein: 0g
What are the adverse effects of the oda?
It has been very clear to everyone that soda isn’t good for your health and its regular consumption can make you susceptible to various diseases.
Especially if you use conventional soda with a lot of sugar in it, it can lead you to chronic health problems such as diabetes, obesity etc.
Some of the bad effects are given here.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How to read soda expiration date?” with an in-depth analysis of “How long can you use soda?”Moreover, we discussed the nutritional value and the adverse effects of soda consumption.