In this brief guide, we will discuss the query, “How to Make the Right Amount of Meatballs for any Party?” We will mention how to make the meatballs and what are the tips to make them for a party. We will also get to know the health benefits of meatballs.
How to Make the Right Amount of Meatballs for any Party?
It is easy to make meatballs for a party or for anyone. Meatballs can be used to make spaghetti or they can be added to another gravy. You should have an estimate of your guests and by keeping in mind that estimate you can prepare the meatballs.
Always make extra meatballs for the party. You can easily make them and store them 1 or 2 days before the event.
What is a meatball and how is it made?
Meatballs are seasoned meat mice that are fried in the shape of balls. These meatballs go well in the gravies and with spaghetti. Along with being a good source of meat protein, they are also tasty.
Tips to make meatballs for a party
- Always have an estimation of the guests and make more meatballs let’s say double the amount to be on the safe side and this will be okay.
- Use all the fresh ingredients to make meatballs. Use all fresh herbs and vegetables.
- Add a good amount of herbs and spices to the meatballs to increase the aroma and flavour of the meatballs.
- Use good quality high-fat meat for meatballs. The presence of fat makes the meatball soft and tender.
- Add a good amount of eggs to the meat. It will help to bind the meatballs.
- Ground beef
- Bread crumbs
- Herbs (oregano, basil, parsley)
- Parmesan cheese
- The first step is to soak breadcrumbs in the milk and let them soften for a while.
- Cut the onion and chop the herbs into fine pieces.
- Add ground meat, onions, garlic, eggs, and herbs to the bowl and mix them together. Add salt and pepper to them or spice them up a little.
- Add the breadcrumbs into the mince mixture and mix them well until they are properly mixed.
- Grease your hands with oil and make medium-sized meatballs.
- You can either fry these meatballs one day before the party or you can freeze them as it is and cook them on the day of the event.
- It is easier to cook them a day before the event. This way you can save your time on the event day.
- For frying the meatballs you need to heat the olive oil in a pan and shallow fry the meatballs. Keep changing their sides and fry them until they are golden brown.
- If you want to make them healthier then you can bake them in the oven. For this, you need to preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
- Place the meatballs on the butter paper in the baking tray. Place them at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake them in the oven until they are golden brown and fully done.
- Do not overcook them. They will get hard when they are overcooked.
- After cooking you can easily store them in the freezer for the next day to use in spaghetti or meatball curry.
What are the health benefits of meatballs?
Following are the health benefits of meatballs:
- Meatballs are a rich source of protein. 100 g of meatball provides 21 g of protein. Proteins are a good source of amino acids. Protein helps in the maintenance of body tissues.
- Meatballs are also a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Meat is a good source of B vitamins which are necessary for the body’s metabolism. Vitamin B complex also helps in the maintenance of many other body functions.
- One of the major health benefits of this food is it helps in weight loss. If you are looking for a high protein and low-fat option to lose weight then the meatball is your answer. Meatballs can be made by simple baking and this way they can be healthy and low in fat.
- It is an excellent source of vitamin B 12 which is important for the normal regulation of the nervous system. Iron is present in meatballs which is a very important mineral as its major function is in the formation of red blood cells.
- Deficiency in vitamin B12 has also been connected to mental health issues such as depression and suicide ideation. The decreased levels of vitamin B12 can cause anaemia in the body.
In this brief guide, we discussed the query, “How to Make the Right Amount of Meatballs for any Party?” We mentioned how to make the meatballs and what are the tips to make them for a party. We also got to know the health benefits of meatballs.