In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “How to make soft bread crumbs?” with an in-depth analysis of the nutritional values of bread crumbs. Moreover, we are going to highlight 5 methods of making bread crumbs without a food processor.
How to make soft bread crumbs?
Bread crumbs formed from fresh or slightly stale bread are known as soft bread crumbs. Tear the bread apart with a fork if you don’t have one, or use a blender or food processor to make fluffy crumbs. Take a measuring cup and gradually pile it into another measuring cup, not packing it. Bread crumbs can be purchased dry. Very dry bread or zwieback crackers can be used to make these. Crush it with a rolling pin after putting it in a plastic bag. Fill a measuring cup halfway with the mixture.
Thus, you need the following ingredients to make soft bread crumbs
- 1-ounce bread
- 1 sandwich bread. Bread should be without added flavorings, or roll, without added flavorings
- Take 1 small roll or 1 slice of bread and tear it into little pieces. Toss it into the mixer a few times.
- Cover. Switch on and off the blender. Repeat until the bread is shredded into light and uniform crumbs.
- Alternatively, place the bread on a chopping board and use the tines of a fork to scrape off the crumbs.
- Take a plastic bag and fill it with crumbs. Toss to combine after that.
- Remove the air from the bag, shut it, and place it in the freezer.
- One (1-ounce) bread slice yields about 1/2 cup of lightly packed crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F).
- Spread soft bread crumbs in a thin layer across a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes to dry
- Let it cool.
- In an open plastic bag, spread the crumbs out. Crush with a rolling pin after spreading.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed soft breadcrumbs yields approximately 3 teaspoons of fine dry bread crumbs.
- Serving size: 1 (85) g
- Servings per recipe: 1
Per serving % daily value:
|Nutrients and minerals||Daily value||Percentage|
|Calories from Fat||60 g||13 %|
|Total Fat||6.8 g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat||1.1 g||5 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||1006.3 mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||88.8 g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||15 %|
|Sugars||4.5 g||17 %|
|Protein||15.6 g||31 %|
How can you make breadcrumbs without a food processor:
Use a small coffee or spice grinder:
- Take 2 slices of fresh bread and tear them into pieces. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Toss a couple bread slices into the coffee grinder at a time. Five to eight times is a good number to aim for. Stop when you’ve achieved the desired texture.
- Remove the remaining bread crumbs that haven’t been completed.
- Carry on with the remaining bread slices in the same manner.
Use a blender:
- Break the fresh or toasted bread into pieces first.
- Break up a couple pieces of bread and throw them into the blender.
- Pulse a total of two to three times.
- Check the consistency of the crumb.
- Pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
- Sift the bread crumbs after pouring them out. Reprocess after removing the big crumbs.
Use a box grater:
- Only toasted or dry bread can be grated using a box grater. It’s also the most challenging way. When grating, use caution. You should be especially cautious when your fingers are near the grater.
- Grate the entire slice of toast with a cheese grater. It should not be broken into bits.
- The size of the bread crumbs is determined by the size of the grater hole.
- Because the grater holes are all the same size, you can make more consistent-sized pieces with it.
Use a zip-top bag and rolling pin:
This is an alternative method for making breadcrumbs without using a food processor. This only works if the bread is toasted.
- Take your bread and toast it in a toaster oven.
- The toast must be extremely dry for this method to work.
- Break the toast into pieces and place it in a zip-top bag once it has cooled.
- To crumble the toasted bread, roll it with the rolling pin.
- If your bread does not crumble instantly, it has not been roasted sufficiently.
- Instead of flattening, the toasted bread should crumble.
- If your bread is flattening, re-toast the pieces. Toast the bread until the moisture has evaporated.
Use a zip-top bag and kitchen mallet:
- Take a mallet from your kitchen.
- Gently pound (maybe an oxymoron) the toasted bread crumbs in a zip-top bag.
Here, you can find how to make Italian bread crumbs.
In this brief guide, we answered the question” How to make soft bread crumbs?” with an in-depth analysis of the nutritional values of bread crumbs. Moreover, we discussed 5 methods of making bread crumbs without a food processor.