In this article, we will answer the question “How to make instant pot broccoli?”, and How to make instant pot green beans without a steamer basket in the instant pot?
How to make instant pot broccoli?
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets, washed and cut into uniform pieces
- 1/2-1 Cup Water
- As an alternative to a steam basket, adjust a trivet in the instant pot followed by water.
|¾ cup water||6-quart pot|
|½ cup water||3-quart|
|1 cup water||8-quart pot|
- Then place the cut broccoli on the trivet. Make sure It does not touch the water.
- Let the broccoli cook as directed in the recipe.
- When done, remove the cooked broccoli using tongs or a large spoon.
How to use an instant pot?
- Adjust the bowl at the base of the instant pot. Add all the ingredients followed by at least 1 cup of water important to build steam.
- Check to see If the sealing rings are in working condition and in place.
- Tighten the lid onto the base of the pot.
- The valve on the lid should be turned to “sealing”.
- The next step involves pressing “pressure” or “manual”. It differs with each model of the instant pot. It is recommended to refer to your instant pot manual.
- Using the plus and minus signs, set the cooking time according to the recipe.
- Start counting the cooking time after the pressure is built.
- When the cooking time is over, release the pressure by either quick release or natural release.
- Remove the lid and take out your food.
How to make instant pot green beans without a steamer basket in the instant pot?
- 1 pound fresh Green Beans
- 1 cup water (normal)
For Seasoning (optional)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 4 pods garlic roughly chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut and trim the tips of the green beans followed by thoroughly washing them.
- Add a cup of water to the steel pot of your instant pot. We are using Pot Duo 6 Quart.
- Adjust the metal trivet inside the steel pot. The trivet comes with an instant pot.
- Stack all the cut and washed green beans onto the trivet.
- Screw the lid of the pot followed by sealing the valve.
- The green beans need to be pressure cooked on a HIGH setting for 0 minutes to get crisp, 1 minute to get tender, and 3 minutes to get softer fresh green beans.
How to season the steamed instant pot green beans?
- Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat or in an instant pot set on the ‘Saute’ setting adjusted to normal.
- Add chopped onions and garlic and saute until soft and limpy.
- Stir in the steamed green beans and saute for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
How to make instant pot steamed vegetables?
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- Add water to the pot and adjust the trivet inside it. Add all the ingredients and screw the lid. Make sure the valve is set to seal.
- Press the pressure cook button and adjust the setting to high. Cook for only 0 minutes.
- After 5-0 minutes, when the pressure is build up. Press the ‘Cancel’ button and release the pressure by the quick-release method.
- Open the lid when pressure is released.
- Remove the veggies and season them. Serve warm and enjoy.
What is quick pressure release?
A quick pressure release occurs when the pressure release switch is turned to the venting position allowing the steam to escape through the pressure release valve.
If you notice any liquid or foam oozing out of the pressure release valve, switch the valve back to the Sealed position and use an Intermittent Pressure Release. Stay away from the escaping steam to avoid any damage.
When do I use a quick pressure release?
As the name suggests, quick pressure release happens in a short time and is best used when cooking foods like vegetables that must not be over-cooked. You can also use It to cook corn on the cob, potatoes, and dumplings, etc.
When do I use a natural pressure release?
Natural pressure release works best with large cuts of meat like pulled pork, ribs and turkey breast, etc. The meat, after being left in the residual heat during pressure release, becomes soft and tender. It also works great for making steel-cut oats, soup, and pasta.
In this article, we answered the question “How to make instant pot broccoli?”, and How to make instant pot green beans without a steamer basket in the instant pot?