In this article, we will answer the question “How to make coffee yogurt?”, and what other ways you can jazz-up plain yogurt?
How to make coffee yogurt?
Coffee in yogurt might be an alien idea for some people. But you need to try it out in order to judge for yourself. Yogurt is frequently combined with salmon, falafel sauce, pisco, gin, vodka, milkshakes, smoothies, and last but not the least, coffee. Yogurt has a sweet to sour taste and pairs well with the bitterness of the coffee. Follow the recipe below to make yourself a perfect cup of coffee yogurt.
- 20 ml. drip coffee(refrigerated)
- Plain yogurt
- Two Tsp of condensed milk
- A Tsp of coconut milk
- Lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Mix condensed milk, yogurt, lemon juice, and coconut milk using a blender.
- Put some ice cubes in a jug. Pour the blended liquid on top of the ice.
- Finally, pour the brewed coffee in the jug and enjoy.
Vanilla essence/extract can be added for flavor. If you do not have condensed milk, you can use sugar and plain milk as a substitute.
Mocha coffee yogurt recipe
This recipe uses maple syrup and Greek yogurt and is the go-to breakfast choice especially if you are a vegan. Follow the instructions below to make yourself a cup of heavenly Mocha coffee yogurt.
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla essence
- Water to dissolve espresso powder
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
Some cocoa powder can also be added for a more intense coffee flavor. Instead of using plain greek yogurt, vanilla flavored greek yogurt can also be deployed. Just skip the vanilla essence.
- Make a paste of espresso powder, vanilla, water, and honey/maple syrup in a mug.
- Pour in the Greek yogurt and enjoy.
How to make Coffee-flavored Greek yogurt?
How to make Coffee Greek Yogurt Parfaits?
Coffee greek yogurt parfaits are the perfect choice for breakfast and even snack if you love coffee and yogurt. Follow the instructions below to make this recipe.
- 1/2 cup plain or flavored Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon instant espresso, use 1/2 teaspoon for a bolder flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon Maple syrup (honey and agave syrup can also be used)
- Some vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Granola
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped cherries
If you like more fruits, raspberries, dates, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, figs, and sliced bananas, peaches, or mango pair well with the recipe. If you are a chocolate lover, add some chunks of your favorite dark or milk chocolate. If you have an espresso powder with a coarser ground, dissolve it in some water before whipping it with the other ingredients.
- Beat maple syrup, vanilla, yogurt, and espresso powder until a thick and smooth paste is formed.
- In an 8-ounce mason jar, add granola on the bottom followed by berries and some yogurt. Repeat the layers until the jar is full.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator covered.
Other ways to make yogurt exciting
Yogurt is rich in proteins, calcium, B-vitamins, and trace minerals. It is a very popular breakfast and snack choice. If you do not like plain yogurt, you can either incorporate flavored yogurt into your diet. But here are some of the most over-the-top delicious yogurt combination ideas.
- Mixing fruit jam with plain yogurt is the quick-fix to treat yourself with some flavored yogurt. Add fruit chunks for real fruitiness. Drizzling some caramel syrup is also a fun way to sweeten plain yogurt.
- Topping your plain or flavored yogurt (especially pineapple and lemon-flavored) with toasted coconut chips is a creative way to add crunch and sweetness combined with a nutty hint.
- If you like your yogurt spicy, level up your spice game by mixing some pesto in your plain yogurt. Top it off with roasted veggies if you like.
- Speaking of veggies, pickled beets placed on top of plain yogurt looks strikingly beautiful to the eyes. It tastes as delicious as it looks.
- Chocolate or rainbow sprinkles topped on the plain-yogurt enhance the kid-appeal of the product. Yogurt can be combined with your favorite nut-butter.
- Add seeds and chopped nuts to plain yogurt for a protein boost. Chopped pepitas, chia seeds, and hazelnuts pair well with the yogurt.
- Buckwheat honey, date syrup, coconut sugar, and agave nectar can also be added to sweeten plain yogurt. Spread this sweetened yogurt on toast. Garnish with avocado chunks.
In this article, we answered the question “How to make coffee yogurt?”, and what other ways you can jazz-up plain yogurt?