How to fry chicken without flour?
In this brief article, we will answer the question, “How to fry chicken without flour?” tips to cook chicken without flour, and 2 methods to cook flourless chicken.
How to fry chicken without flour?
To fry chicken without flour, add oil into a pan and place the chicken leg piece onto the pan after seasoning them.
The fried chicken can be kept crispy by placing them in an airtight container or foil. Refrigerate within two hours of cooking to maintain the crispiness of the chicken.
What are the alternatives to flour for frying chicken?
You can use bread, corn starch, or crushed cereals instead of flour for coating the chicken.
In the Korean-styled fried chicken recipe, the coating is prepared by adding one part pepper, two parts corn starch, salt, and water in a bowl which is mixed. The chicken is dipped in these ingredients and then fried.
You can also use pork rinds to coat the chicken. For this, crush the pork rinds. Dip the chicken in egg wash followed by pork rinds. Dip it in bread crumbs and then fry it.
Pork rinds can be particularly beneficial for individuals who are on a keto diet. It also would provide crispiness to the pork.
How to cook chicken without flour?
Using a stove
- 1 pound chicken legs (with skin and bone)
- Avocado oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Pour oil over the dutch oven and wait till the oil becomes hot enough to fry.
- Place the chicken piece over the oil and start frying if the oil has become hot enough.
- If the heat is high, lower the heat a little. Flip the piece of chicken and let it fry evenly.
- Fry the chicken till it develops a golden brown color.
- After the chicken has developed golden brown color, remove it from the pan and place it in a paper towel. Serve.
Using an air fryer
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Defrost the chicken wings and then cook them.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and dry them with a dry towel. Drying is necessary to ensure that the chicken marinates appropriately.
- In a bowl, add curry powder, Himalayan salt, garlic powder, curry powder, onion powder, baking powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Start coating the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken pieces one by one or keep the chicken pieces all together in the bowl to coat them.
- Seal the chicken pieces with cling film. You can marinate the chicken pieces overnight or just for an hour if you are in a hurry in the fridge.
- Take the chicken pieces out from the fridge and add a little olive oil or any other vegetable oil over it.
- Set the air fryer to 390-400 degrees and fry the chicken pieces in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Which oil can be used for frying?
Cooking oils are inflammatory and less healthy. You can switch to healthier oils like seed or vegetable oils for cooking.
You can use avocado oil for frying as it is a good source of monounsaturated fats and has lesser carbohydrate content. It also has a high smoke point which makes it ideal for frying.
Avoid frying with oils that have a lower smoke point like sesame oil, sunflower oil, or olive oil.
Canola oil is another option for frying chicken. Canola oil is inflammatory but is a good source of monounsaturated fats and has a high smoke point.
Remember to keep the temperature of the oil between 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is it possible to deep fry flourless chicken?
No, it is not recommended to deep fry flourless chicken. You can use alternative sources like bread or corn starch to fry in the oil or you can bake the chicken. Corn starch also does not absorb a lot of oil.
How can you season your chicken?
You can season your chicken with a combination of different spices to make it tastier. Some of the spices that you can add to your fried chicken could be Paprika, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, and pepper salt.
Seasoning with salt and pepper is necessary to increase the flavor of the chicken.
How many minutes does the fried chicken need to be cooked?
The fried chicken can be cooked for 12-15 minutes at a temperature of 165℉. The temperature required to cook meat would also vary depending on the type of meat. Dark meat can be cooked at 175℉.
Other FAQs about Chicken that you may be interested in.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “How to fry chicken without flour?” tips to cook chicken without flour, and 2 methods to cook flourless chicken.