How to freeze white castle hamburgers?
In this brief guide, we will answer the question, “How to freeze white castle hamburgers?” and two methods to prepare the white castle hamburger.
How to freeze white castle hamburgers?
To freeze the White Castle burgers, you can wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag. Place the freezer bag in the freezer and let it freeze. You can also freeze in an airtight container to freeze. Frozen sliders would last for at least 3-6 months in the freezer.
You can also freeze the sliders in cupcake pans by pressing the mixture onto the depression of the pans. Once you need to use it, you can pop them out of the pans and then run them under warm water to thaw the mixture.
If you have bought a frozen slider, you can place them in the fridge instead of the freezer. This will allow it to thaw or you can microwave the slider for 25-30 seconds.
What are White Castle hamburgers?
White Castle hamburgers are made in the White Castle restaurant in America. It is prepared with ground beef. The small square-shaped hamburgers made in White Castle are also called sliders.
How long does it take to cook the frozen sliders?
You would have to steam the frozen burgers for 10-12 minutes. The internal temperature of the slider should be at least 165℉. You can remove the sliders using a spatula from the pan.
How can you heat the sliders in the microwave?
In the microwave, you can bake the sliders for 12-14 minutes. Preheat the oven at 375℉ before placing them. You can wrap the slider in aluminum foil or place them in a non-stick pan directly to heat them.
If the hamburgers are frozen, you can heat them for 15-20 minutes.
How to reheat frozen white castle burgers in an oven?
The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees. Take a broiler pan and cover the bottom of the pan with boiling water. Place the slotted pan over hot water. Place the frozen sliders on the boiler pan.
How to prepare a white castle slider at home?
The most ideal way is to prepare the burgers in a pan though you can also prepare them in an oven. Below are 2 recipes listed to prepare at home.
Using a pan
- ¼ pound ground beef
- ¼ pound ground chuck
- 1 cup onions (sliced)
- 6 square dinner rolls
- 6 dill pickle slices
- Butter to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix beef and chuck. Avoid overmixing them.
- On a cutting board, place parchment paper.
- Keep beef in the center of the parchment paper. Place another parchment paper over the beef piece.
- Roll the beef till it becomes ¼ inch thick. Roll the beef into a rectangle having 7 by 10 inches.
- Remove the sides of the rectangle to trim it. Use the removed sides to create another rectangle that has 6 by 9 inches.
- Add salt and pepper to the hamburger.
- Cut 3 by 3 inches square patties out of the hamburger.
- Make holes in the patties. The holes should be present in each corner of the patty including the center. You can make holes using a straw.
- Heat butter in a skillet. Add sliced onions along with salt and saute the onions. Let the onions cook for a while.
- Reduce the heat on the stove. Add the patties to the stove and place the burgers on top of the onions.
- Cook the patties till they lose the pinkish color for at least 5 minutes. Cover with a lid to cook them thoroughly.
- Wet a towel and wrap the patties in the towel. Place the patties in the microwave.
- Microwave the patties for 20-25 seconds.
- Remove the patties from the microwave and place the onions on the bottom half of each patty. Top the patties with a pickle slice. You can use ketchup to consume the patties if required.
Using an oven
- 1 onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 count dinner rolls
- ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sliced onions on the baking sheet.
- Add beef bouillon, salt, pepper, and ground beef in a bowl. Mix well.
- In the onions placed on the baking sheet, add few spoons of beef juice. Place the meat mixture over the onion.
- Using a knife cut the meat mixture evenly into squares. Make holes in the square and bake it for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve it with dinner rolls and top it with pickles.
In this brief guide, we have answered the question, “How to freeze white castle hamburgers?” and two methods to prepare the white castle hamburger.