In this brief article, we are going to answer the question “How to fix too much garlic powder?”. We will also discuss that an excessive intake of garlic powder is harmful.
How to fix too much garlic powder?
To tone down the potency of garlic or garlic powder, just add a few more ingredients and tweak the seasonings to taste. If the garlic flavor is too strong, simply prepare an additional quantity and combine it with the previous.
If you want to get rid of this unpleasant taste, you need to try some other easy steps to restore balance to a dish that has been overwhelmed by garlic powder.
- Onion, which has a strong taste like garlic, might be an option for you if you’re looking to bring balance to your recipe. Simply add more onions to the recipe.
They are the most usual ingredient to pair with garlic. Or adding any of the alliums to a recipe where garlic powder has been overused is an excellent way.
- Another solution is the dilution of food, which might be particularly useful if you are using soup stock, broth, or sauce in the preparation of the meal.
In the event that you made the mistake of adding an excessive amount of garlic powder when preparing a homemade tomato sauce. For instance, simply adding additional tomato sauce.
- It is important to take into account that you can simply add more of your item, but removing a component might be more difficult, particularly in recipes for soup or tomato sauce. Simply add a little amount of the tomato sauce foundation at a time while you stir.
Make sure the sauce is well-mixed, and then taste it. If the taste of garlic is no longer dominant, it means that you have succeeded in striking a good balance between the flavors. In such a case, just continue adding the sauce while tasting it in order to get the optimal balance of flavors.
- The addition of extra spiciness is yet another easy way to deal with an excess quantity of garlic powder. Instead of reducing the garlic’s intensity, you’ll be balancing its sensation with a heavy-hitting spice like cayenne pepper, dried Thai chilies, jalapeño, or other strong spices.
In order to ensure that the overall tastes of the chili are not being overpowered by the spiciness, you may need to add a little bit extra salt, cumin or lime.
- If the flavor of the garlic powder is too strong for you, try adding some cream or butter to the dish. In addition to the fact that the cream will lessen the intensity of the garlic, the combination of butter, cream, and garlic is really appetizing.
You may use plant butter or other non-dairy creams such as full-fat coconut milk if you cannot use dairy products.
For instance, if you’re cooking a vegan version of curry, you may lessen the intensity of the garlic taste by adding a little bit of coconut milk. The end result is a flavor that is beautifully creamy, rich, and full of umami.
- Adding some fresh, aromatic herbs to a meal that already has excessive garlic powder is a delicious way to bring food back into balance. When working with leafy herbs that are more delicate, such as basil, cilantro, and parsley.
It’s better to use the raw form of the herb rather than the powdered form, even if utilizing powdered herbs may work just as well.
Because drying these delicate herbs might lead to losing some of their taste and sharpness, using them fresh in a meal that is otherwise dominated by garlic powder invigorates and enhances the dish.
Is an excessive intake of garlic powder harmful?
Even consuming an excessive amount of garlic powder will not harm every individual. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) reported that after consuming an excessive amount of garlic powder, some individuals may be at risk of having heartburn or an upset stomach.
On the other hand, the NCCIH emphasizes that this vulnerability is often associated with consuming a large quantity of raw garlic as compared to the powdered version of the food.
Garlic’s possible health benefits have been the object of a great deal of research.
In this brief article, we answered the question “How to fix too much garlic powder?”. We also discussed that an excessive intake of garlic powder is harmful.