In this article, we will answer the question “How to emulsify coconut oil?”, and what is MCT oil, and what are its health benefits?
How to emulsify coconut oil?
Combine ¼ tsp liquid soy lecithin with 8 oz. of coconut oil in a bowl. Blend the mixture using a whisk. Keep the emulsified mixture in an air-tight container in a cool and dry location. This emulsified coconut oil can be added to any baked product, coffee, or yogurt.
If the coconut oil is to be used for cosmetic and other non-food uses, mix the essential oil emulsifier with coconut oil according to the direction provided by the manufacturer.
What is MCT oil and what are its health benefits?
MCT is an abbreviation for Medium Chain Triglycerides. This fat is extracted from palm kernel or coconut t oil. MCT oil is made by processing this fat.
MCT readily absorbs into the blood and aids in weight loss because of its concentrated nature which makes you feel full for longer even when taken in small amounts.
MCT oil is an important choice in a high-fat, low-carb keto diet. It helps improve cognitive functions and prevents seizures, Alzheimer’s, and autism.
MCT oil relieves digestive issues and prevents thrush due to its anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. This vegan oil has also been a well-known part of a Paleo diet.
Why MCT oil should be emulsified?
MCT oil, If added as-is, in your foods like tea, coffee or yogurt will make a thin film of oil over it. This does not look very tempting. To avoid this, coconut oil is mixed with another liquid to make an emulsion that has a creamy texture and readily mixes into your foods.
Best Emulsified MCT oils
Sports Research Emulsified MCT oil
This type of MCT oil is not organic but is extracted from non-GMO coconut kernels.
- It has a rich and creamy texture which is a perfect addition to your coffee, cereals, protein shakes, salad dressings, and pasta sauces.
- It is a quick source of energy.
- The 90-day-money-back-guarantee is a cherry on top.
It uses a combination of cane sugar and Monk fruit as a sweetening agent which provides a great flavor but is not a good choice for people on a keto diet or those who are watching out for their sugar intake.
Other FAQs about Oils which you may be interested in.
Onnit Emulsified MCT Oil
- It provides a variety of delicious flavors like Almond Milk Latte, Cinnamon Swirl, Creamy Strawberry, Mocha, and Vanilla.
- It is palm-free which is great for both health and the environment.
- It is a dairy and sugar-free creamer.
- It is not limited to be used as a creamer. You can also add it to your cereal bowls, smoothies, or as a topping for your ice cream.
- The coconut used to extract this oil is non-GMO, sustainable, and organic.
It utilizes Stevia and Monk fruit as a sweetening agent. Both are great from a health point of view because they are both natural, however, they leave a bitter aftertaste.
Natural Force Keto Coffee Creamer with MCT Oil
- There are a number of flavors that you can choose from like vanilla, hazelnut, chocolate, and caramel.
- It is sugar-free which gives you a lot of autonomy over what kind and how much sweetener you want to add to your food.
- The packaging is non-toxic and sustainable while the coconuts from which It is sourced are organic and non-GMO.
The flavor is not really tempting. Some reviewers even hate the taste. However, you need to taste It yourself to make a judgment.
How to emulsify MCT oil yourself?
The easiest way to emulsify MCT oil is to mix it with lecithin of soy or sunflower source. If you are not vegan, you can also use an egg for emulsifying because it also has lecithin. Lecithin is marketed either in liquid or powder form.
You should follow the instructions on the package before using lecithin to emulsify your oil. As mentioned above, the general rule of thumb is to mix ¼ tsp of lecithin with 8 oz. Of coconut oil.
Best MCT oils to emulsify
Left Coast Performance MCT Oil
This company is very user-friendly as It provides detailed instructions on emulsification procedures.
- The company makes sure their MCT oil is the freshest by sourcing their raw ingredients directly from the coconut suppliers.
- During processing, C12 is removed because It takes time to absorb into the bloodstream much like LCT.
The packaging is not very reliable. Some customers have complained about leakage.
In this article, we answered the question “How to emulsify coconut oil?”, and what is MCT oil, and what are its health benefits?