In this brief guide, we will answer the question, how to cook Bacon in an Instant Pot? We will discuss the concise procedure to cook bacon in an instant pot. We will also contemplate the function of the instant pot and the correct way to clean after cooking bacon.
How to cook Bacon in an Instant Pot?
To cook bacon in an instant pot, set it to sauté mode and the timer for 30 minutes. Cut the bacon slices up and put 3 to 4 pieces inside the instant pot. Let the bacon cook for 3 minutes and make sure that they are cooked all the way through. Fill the bacon strips to the other side, and let it cook for under 3 minutes.
When the Bacon reaches a desired texture and crispiness, use tongs to lift out the bacon pieces on paper towels.
Turn off and unplug the instant pot. Wipe the grease off and serve.
Reasons and tips for cooking Bacon in an instant pot:
- To cook bacon in an instant pot is a good idea because bacon gives off grease which splatters everywhere. When you cook bacon on a convenient mode the ‘sauté mode’, it will save you a lot of trouble.
- You can add both frozen and refrigerated bacon to the instant pot. You might need to cut the bacon in half if it doesn’t fit in the instant pot. Frozen bacon will take a longer time to attain a desirable temperature.
- When you power the instant pot on, press the sauté function and skip to cook it on pressure, manual mode, or, a quick release.
- Let the sauté mode make the instant pot hot, then add the bacon pieces.
- The average time to cook bacon is about 2 minutes. If you like bacon to be extra done, cook it for a minute longer.
- You can season or add flavor to the bacon while cooking such as a dash of black pepper or white pepper.
- To keep bacon warm and crispy, place the bacon onto the rack, and cook at 200 Fahrenheits with the door open.
- The thinner and fattier the bacon is, the quicker it will cook. If your bacon pieces are very thin with high-fat content, they will cook in under a minute.
Other FAQs about Instant Pots which you may be interested in.
How to clean the instant pot after cooking bacon?
To wash the instant pot, add a cup of water and scrape the stuck food particles off. Then, wash it off thoroughly to get rid of the grease.
Let us discuss some general aspects of an instant pot and how it works:
Instant pots combine a pressure cooker and a slow cooker for ease of use. Having multiple cooking appliances together is helpful as it occupies less space in the kitchen. It cooks your food for the right amount of time; not too little or not too much. The temperature sensors inside keep track of the status of food and shut themselves off before food gets a chance to burn.
You can also use the instant pot to reheat food, as it turns itself off, you do not have to worry about burning it.
The instant pot takes around 10 minutes to create pressure; the exact time depends on the quantity and temperature of the food.
The time at which you set the pressure cooker is set off not as same as the time that you set. Initially, the pressure builds up and the timer is set off after that. Before an instant pot pressurizes, you need to preheat it.
You can hasten the cooking process when you cook meat by using the pressure cooker feature. However, for vegetables, you will need to use a quick pressure release to prevent them from getting overcooked.
After the pressure-cooking cycle completes, you can now commence the natural pressure release which could take anywhere between 5-30 minutes which depends on the quantity of water in the pot.
After 5 minutes, the instant pot beeps again a few times. The instant pot then switches to warming mode and the ascending numbers begin to appear. An L will appear next to the number after the cook cycle has ended.
Natural pressure release happens when the cook cycle ends, and the steam escapes. The natural pressure release will occur 10-20 minutes after the instant pot completes its cycle.
In this brief guide, we answered the question, how to cook Bacon in an Instant Pot? We discussed the concise procedure to cook bacon in an instant pot. We also contemplated the function of the instant pot and the correct way to clean after cooking bacon.