In this blog post, we will answer the following question: How thick should pappardelle be? We will teach you how to cook pappardelle and share a delicious recipe with you: pappardelle with tomatoes and basil. If you want to have a taste of the Italian cuisine in your kitchen, follow our tips.
How thick should pappardelle be?
Pappardelle should not be thicker than two or three centimeters (3⁄4–1 inches). Pappardelle is a long, wide, and flat pasta, a ribbon that is generally about 5 or 6 cm long and 3 cm thick.
The classic pappardelle is usually prepared with many different types of sauce. They are served with mushrooms, duck ragout, hare, wild boar, and various kinds of fish and shellfish. Although they are also frequently used in multiple northern and central Italian regions, their origin is in Tuscany.
Italy has handed down a delicious variety of pasta to the world. There are thin, thin, stuffed: a type for every taste. Homemade pappardelle is a wider variety of pasta than usual. Its preparation is simple and can be combined with various sauces and meats.
How to prepare pappardelle
Homemade pappardelle provides healthy carbohydrates to the body. Carbohydrates are necessary for the diet of all people because the body extracts energy from them. Daily activities and all physical activity require the power offered by carbohydrates.
- 200 g of wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons basil powder
- Two teaspoons of salt
- 500 g of chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- Four liters of water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pepper to taste
How to prepare homemade pappardelle:
- Add the flour in a large bowl along with the two tablespoons of basil powder and mix. Make a hole in the center like a volcano and add the white and the yolk of two eggs. Incorporate all the ingredients to form a consistent dough.
- Dilute the salt in the water and add to the dough. Add the two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and continue kneading.
- When all the dough has been integrated, remove it from the bowl and knead on a work table dusted with flour. Knead until a smooth and soft dough is left. After this process, cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After this time, work with a rolling pin until the dough is three millimeters thick. Form a rectangle and cut strips one and a half centimeters wide.
- Heat a saucepan with water and a teaspoon of salt. When it boils, add the pasta. In just one minute, it will be cooked. Remove from the kitchen, drain, and add a drizzle of oil over the pappardelle.
- Cut the chicken breast into medium dice. Add salt and pepper to taste and fry in a pan. Reserve. In the same frying pan, add the cream and add the Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium-low heat until consistent. Add the chicken cubes to the Parmesan cream.
- Serve the pasta in a deep plate and top with the dice in Parmesan sauce.
- Go ahead and prepare this delicious pasta with a unique home flavor. Kids will love it, and it’s also a nutrient-packed dish
Pappardelle with tomatoes and basil
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour, plus more for dusting
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 3 garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 gr of grated cheese
- Basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the pappardelle, place the flour in the processor, add the eggs, oil, and salt. Process until you get a smooth dough bun. Cover and let rest, at room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Next, you have to roll out the dough very thin and cut it into a rectangular shape. Then sprinkle with flour and cut ribbons 3 centimeters wide. Reserve.
- For the sauce, peel the tomatoes and cut them into quarters and remove the seeds. Cut into small cubes. In a pan with olive oil, arrange the tomatoes, add sliced garlic, and cook until it becomes the sauce’s consistency. Outside of the fire, add fresh basil leaves.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water, with a drizzle of oil, al dente. Strain and fry with the sauce and grated cheese for a few seconds. Remove, decorate with arugula leaves, serve immediately, and that’s it. Enjoy this delight!
In this blog post, we answered the following question: How thick should pappardelle be? We taught you how to cook pappardelle and share a delicious recipe with you: pappardelle with tomatoes and basil.
We remind you that pappardelle is a long, wide, and flat pasta, a ribbon that is generally about 5 or 6 cm long and 3 cm thick.
The classic pappardelle is usually prepared with many different types of sauce. They are served with mushrooms, duck ragout, hare, wild boar, and various kinds of fish and shellfish.