This article will explain how much you can tip your Uber Eats delivery driver. In addition to this, we will describe the steps involved in adding a tip for your Uber Eats driver. We will also be mentioning a few ways through which Uber Eats delivery drivers can earn more tips from their customers.
How much should you tip Uber Eats?
You can tip your Uber Eats delivery driver about 15%-20% of the order subtotal. This is the usual agreed upon amount. Any lesser amount is usually frowned upon and can be seen as an insult to the driver’s services. However, customers are encouraged to give any tip amount, even if it is less, as delivery drivers for food delivery apps often struggle to make ends meet.
How to add a tip in Uber Eats?
In Uber Eats, you can add a tip for your delivery person while placing your order, after your order has been delivered and even much later after the completion of delivery. In order to add a tip while placing your order in Uber Eats, you can follow the steps given below.
- Once you have signed in to your Uber Eats account, you will need to browse through the restaurants and add the required items to your cart
- You can then go to the ‘Review and Pay’ section where you will find an option, ‘Add a tip’
- Click on this and choose the tip amount that you want to give to your delivery person. You can also enter your own amount by clicking on the ‘Other’ option. You can also change this tip amount up to an hour after the order has been delivered
If you want to add a tip for your delivery person after the order has been delivered, you can use the steps as mentioned below.
- You will need to sign in to your Uber Eats account and go to dialogue which asks you to rate your delivery experience
- Here, you can add a tip for your delivery person. If you are adding the tip amount here, Uber Eats will automatically send you a new receipt in your email which includes the tip amount as well.
You can also choose to add a tip for the delivery person long after the order has been completed. Uber Eats allows customers to add tips up to 90 days after delivery, which is pretty advantageous for those who tend to be forgetful. To do this, you can follow the points mentioned as follows.
- You will need to sign in to your Uber Eats account and go to your Orders history. You can do this by clicking on the ‘Orders’ icon on the menu bar
- Sift through your orders and find the one where you want to add the tip amount
- Click on the option ‘Add tip’ and add your amount
How to earn more tips from customers?
Uber Eats delivery drivers can earn a pretty um through tips alone. While Uber Eats certainly pays a good amount to the delivery driver upon the completion of the task, the tips are completely theirs and the app does not tame a single cent from this. In order to make more money through tips, delivery drivers on Uber Eats can use the suggestions mentioned below.
Practice great customer service
The most important thing in any food industry is customer service. Customer service in food delivery is by smiling and greeting the customer while meeting them. It also means wishing them a great day when your delivery is done. Practicing great customer service in food delivery can also mean alerting the customer of any delays or changes in the food order process.
Don’t forget to take pictures
In the light of the pandemic, more and more customers are opting for contactless delivery. In contactless deliveries, the food parcel should not left simply at the doorstep of the customer. The customer should also be given proof of the delivery. To do this, it is recommended that the delivery driver takes a picture of the food parcel with the insulated bag next to it.
Separate the items in the bag
It is also important to preserve the quality of the food when it is being taken to the customer in Uber Eats. To do this, the delivery person can get an insulated bag to carry the dishes. It is also extremely important to separate the hot items from the cold items to avoid a lukewarm mess which can negatively affect the tip.
While food delivery is not exactly a corporate job, it is still important to dress neat if the person wants more tips from the customer. Most delivery drivers wear uniform t-shirts provided by the food delivery app. This is highly recommended as it can increase the validity and credibility of the delivery itself. The t-shirt should also be neat and pressed to portray professionalism.
Ask for ratings
In order to remind customers about the tipping, the delivery person can also ask for ratings in the dual-rating system that most delivery apps have. This can remind them to tip their delivery person, especially if the delivery was great.
This article has explained how much you can tip your Uber Eats delivery driver. In addition to this, we have described the steps involved in adding a tip for your Uber Eats driver. We have also mentioned a few ways through which Uber Eats delivery drivers can earn more tips from their customers.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.