In this article, we will answer the question “How much protein is in 6 eggs?”, and how to make a 6-egg Pound Cake.
Read on if you want to know how to make healthy and hearty Shakshuka.
How much protein is in 6 eggs?
6 whole eggs provide about 37.74 grams of protein. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 10-35% of the daily caloric intake of an adult should come from protein.
This means that an average adult needs to take a minimum of 0.8g of protein per kg of body mass per day. The following table shows how much protein an average individual should consume, depending on their lifestyle.
|Age and sex||Total RDA in grams (g) per day|
|Babies and children|
|19-70 years or older||56|
|14-70 years or older||46|
|Pregnant or lactating women|
How to make a Six Egg Pound Cake?
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- Grease a tube or Bundt® pan and evenly dust it with flour. Do not preheat the oven.
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well-combined and set it aside.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and butter until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture in increments, alternating with the milk. When the batter is smooth and homogenous, tip the bowl into the prepared pan.
- Put the pan into the cold oven and set the temperature at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake the cake for 60-90 minutes or until light brown from edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Nutrition facts (per serving)
How much protein is in eggs?
|Number of eggs||Protein in whole egg||Protein in egg whites|
|1 egg||5.5 grams||3.6 grams|
|2 eggs||11 grams||7.2 grams|
|3 eggs||16.5 grams||10.8 grams|
|4 eggs||22 grams||14.4 grams|
|5 eggs||27.5 grams||18 grams|
|6 eggs||33 grams||21.6 grams|
|7 eggs||38.5 grams||25.2 grams|
|8 eggs||44 grams||28.8 grams|
|9 eggs||49.5 grams||32.4 grams|
|10 eggs||55 grams||36 grams|
How to make low-calorie, protein-rich Shakshuka?
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 28-ounce diced canned tomatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cook in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle a large oven-proof skillet with some olive oil. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Mix the veggies and season with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, stirring once to prevent the veggies from scorching.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne to the veggies.
- Make 4 wells in the veggie mixture and fill each with one egg. Return the skillet to the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the eggs are just set.
- Top off with grated feta and parsley before serving.
Cook on the stovetop
- Heat a large skillet over medium flame. Drizzle some olive oil and stir in the veggies such as onion, bell pepper, tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes with frequent stirring to prevent the veggies from burning.
- When the time is up, stir in the garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
- Make 4 wells in the veggies mixture and fill each with an egg. Cover the skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-5 minutes.
- When the eggs are cooked to your satisfaction, uncover and remove the skillet from heat. Top with fresh parsley and grated feta before serving.
Nutrition facts (per serving)
Other FAQs about Eggs that you may be interested in.
In this article, we answered the question “How much protein is in 6 eggs?”, and how to make a 6-egg Pound Cake.