In this article, we will answer the question “How much is 10g salt in tsp?”, and how to make Christmas spiced salt.
This article also includes a recipe card for Grilled Steak and Chimichurri.
How much is 10g salt in tsp?
10 grams of salt is equal to approximately 1.67 teaspoons. A single gram of salt is equal to 0.176 teaspoons.
Salt is made up of sodium and chloride atoms, and one gram contains about 388 mg of sodium. According to the American Heart Association, an adult should take no less than 2,300mg, or 2.3 grams tops, per day.
The ideal daily intake of sodium is less than 1,500mg or 1.5 grams. The SI unit of salt volume in the metric system is called gram, or gramme. The symbol ‘g’ is used to represent Grams, so, 1 gram can be written as 1 g.
|10g of salt equals|
Grams of table salt to US teaspoons chart
|1 gram of table salt equals||0.167 US teaspoon|
|2 grams of table salt equals||0.333 US teaspoon|
|3 grams of table salt equals||0.5 US teaspoon|
|4 grams of table salt equals||0.667 US teaspoon|
|5 grams of table salt equals||0.834 US teaspoon|
|6 grams of table salt equals||1 US teaspoons|
|7 grams of table salt equals||1.17 US teaspoons|
|8 grams of table salt equals||1.33 US teaspoons|
|9 grams of table salt equals||1.5 US teaspoons|
|10 grams of table salt equals||1.67 US teaspoon|
|11 grams of table salt equals||1.83 US teaspoons|
|12 grams of table salt equals||2 US teaspoons|
|13 grams of table salt equals||2.17 US teaspoons|
|14 grams of table salt equals||2.33 US teaspoons|
|15 grams of table salt equals||2.5 US teaspoons|
|16 grams of table salt equals||2.67 US teaspoons|
|17 grams of table salt equals||2.83 US teaspoons|
|18 grams of table salt equals||3 US teaspoons|
|19 grams of table salt equals||3.17 US teaspoons|
How to make Christmas spiced salt?
- 10g ground cinnamon
- 10g ground coriander
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 6 tbsp sea salt flakes
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, coriander, grated nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, orange and lemon zest, and sea salt flakes until well-combined.
- Use the prepared salt to sprinkle over roasted or pan-fried veggies or sweet or savory pastries.
How to make Grilled Steak and Chimchurri?
- 680g steak
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 12g fresh parsley leaves
- 10g fresh coriander leaves
- 10g fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 11/2 tsp capers, drained
- cooking spray
- Let the steak sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes after rubbing git with ½ tsp pepper and salt.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Finely chop the garlic in a food processor. Then mix in the parsley, coriander, and mint and process until coarsely chopped. Now add the oil, mustard, lime juice, capers, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Process until the particle size appears finely chopped.
- Grease the steak with cooking spray. Grill the steak on high heat for 2 minutes and flip over to heat the other side of the steak for another 2-3 minutes.
- When the steak is done, remove it from the grill and let it rest for about 5 minutes. This will allow the redistribution of the juices within the steak. Then cut the steak into thin slices and serve with Chimichurri sauce.
How to measure salts without scales using only spoons?
|400 grams of salt equals||13 rounded tablespoons + 1 rounded teaspoon of table salt|
|300 grams of salt equals||10 rounded tablespoons of table salt|
|250 grams of salt equals||8 rounded tablespoons + 1 rounded teaspoon of table salt|
|200 grams of salt equals||6 rounded tablespoons + 1 level tablespoon of table salt|
|190 grams of salt equals||6 rounded tablespoons + 1 rounded teaspoon of table salt|
|180 grams of salt equals||6 rounded tablespoons of table salt|
|170 grams of salt equals||5 rounded tablespoons + 1 level tablespoon of table salt|
|160 grams of salt equals||5 rounded tablespoons + 1 rounded teaspoon of table salt|
|150 grams of salt equals||5 rounded tablespoons of table salt|
|140 grams of salt equals||4 rounded tablespoons + 1 level tablespoon of table salt|
In this article, we answered the question “How much is 10g salt in tsp?”, and how to make Christmas spiced salt. This article also discussed a recipe card for Grilled Steak and Chimichurri.