In this text we will answer the question: ”How many grams are in a spoon of powdered coffee?” In addition, we will give tips and suggestions on how to prepare and preserve coffee in the best possible way.
How many grams are in a teaspoon of powdered coffee?
A teaspoon of coffee contains approximately 12 to 15 grams of ground coffee. To prepare a good coffee, just add 6 to 8 tablespoons of powdered coffee (about 80 to 100 grams) for every 1 liter of water.
To measure the amount of ground coffee, use a tablespoon as a base. If you fill it a lot, so that it is a “mountain”, with the powders almost falling, you will have approximately 12 to 15 grams of coffee powder.
How to prepare coffee correctly?
Check out a simple step-by-step guide on how to make a perfect coffee in the right measure.
- 10 grams of coffee (about a tablespoon)
- 100 ml of water
Method of preparation
- Fold the paper filter so that it fits better in the colander
- Wet the filter with a little hot water to remove the flavor and impurities that may be in the paper
- Put the ground coffee in the filter and add some of the hot water
- Wait about 5 seconds and add the rest of the water
- It ‘s ready! Now just wait for the extraction to complete.
Tips for the best coffee
We have selected some simple tips that will make all the difference in the correct preparation of your coffee!
- Put the right amount of water and powder
- Scald the filter with hot water before putting the powder
- Use filtered or mineral water so as not to interfere with the taste and purity of the drink
- Do not let the water boil for a long time. Turn it off as soon as it starts to bubble or reaches 92 to 96º C
- Use quality grains so that the drink is tasty
- Store the powder or grains properly
- If you can, grind the beans only at the time of preparation
- And finally, if you prefer to drink coffee with sugar, leave it to sweeten it only when it’s ready. Avoid putting sugar in water or powder.
Should I use a cloth strainer or paper strainer?
As for the strainer, the old battle between cloth or paper will never have a winner, as each has a particularity and delivers a specific sensory aspect. The paper one, for example, has practicality and sustainability as favorable points.
The cloth one is an effective memory record, but it is important to take some care when storing it. It is recommended to wash only with running water and do not use soap. It lasts for three to six months and storing it in the fridge, in a covered container, is an alternative to prevent mold.
What is the ideal temperature of the water to brew the coffee?
Although the use of the thermometer in the kitchen at home is not so common, the temperature of the water for preparing coffee is very important. When too cold, it will not extract all the characteristics of the drink. Already too hot, and it can bring bitterness.
Ideally, the water should be between 92°C and 96°C. For this, let the liquid reach the boiling point (100°C), stop heating, and use it first to scald the filter and filter holder, preparing the coffee in the sequence. This way it reaches the ideal temperature and you still avoid the aftertaste of paper that can appear in the drink.
Should I sweeten the coffee or not?
For tasting, the recommended indication is not to sweeten the coffee. In this way it is possible to perceive all the characteristics of coffee such as flavor, aroma, body, acidity and sweetness.
For those who still can’t get the coffee out of the drink, try to take at least one sip, before sweetening. In this way it is possible to have a more real perception of the need for sugar. Use the sugar directly in the cup, not in the coffee brewing water.
What is the best way to store coffee?
The best way to preserve the coffee powder is to keep it in the original package, tightly closed, preferably in an airtight container. Keep in a cool, dry cupboard and consume as soon as possible. Try to buy smaller packages to keep your coffee as fresh as possible.
Once ready, the ideal is to consume the coffee immediately, or keep it in the thermos for a maximum of 1 hour.
In this text we answer the question: ”How many grams are in a spoon of powdered coffee?” In addition, we gave tips and suggestions on how to prepare and preserve coffee in the best possible way.