In this brief guide, we will discuss the following question, “how long does shroom tea last?”, how long does it take to feel its effect, factors that affect its outcome, and other queries related to this topic.
How long does shroom tea last?
The effect of shroom tea lasts for 3 to 6 hours and it can last a maximum of 12 hours to 15 hours. In addition, its peak time is after 90 to 2 hours. However, its lasting effect depends on the dose ingested and many other factors.
Psilocybin is a naturally present psychedelic prodrug present in many types of fungi and it is responsible for the psychedelic effect of the magic mushroom tea. Moreover, mushrooms that contain psilocybin can be eaten dried, fresh, or as tea.
How long does it take to feel the effects?
It takes 30 minutes to feel the effect of the magic mushroom. However, if consumed as a tea the time when you feel its effect is reduced to 5 to 10 minutes.
If consumed fresh or dried it will take more time to feel the psychedelic effect of the mushroom since psilocybin needs time to be digested and absorbed into the bloodstream and to act on the central nervous system and the digestive system.
What are the factors that affect the length of the mushroom trip?
Multiple factors affect the length and the effect of the mushroom trip:
- The mushroom species: the psilocybin concentration depends on the mushroom species, which in its turn determines its psychedelic effect and length. Some species are concentrated in psilocybin whereas others are low concentrated.
- The dose: since each species has a different concentration of psilocybin, it is difficult to generalize or define a specific dose.
- Consumption method: the form in which you consume the mushrooms affects its effects and the length of the trip. The mushroom can be consumed fresh, added to your food or dried as tea.
- The age of the mushroom: the fresher the mushroom the less it is concentrated in psilocybin will be. However, dried mushrooms are higher in psilocybin. Also the method of dehydration matters and affects its psilocybin content.
- Your age: the older you are the more you will feel the psychedelic effect. Your kidneys can not excrete the psilocybin effectively so it stays for longer in your blood.
- Your body mass index: people with high BMI or obese or overweight excrete psilocybin faster than lean people.
- Body hydration level: the more hydrated you are the more the psilocybin is excreted out of your body.
- Physical activity status: the more active you are, the more you excrete psilocybin faster in your urine.
- Liver and kidney function: the healthier you are the faster you will get rid of psilocybin. However, if you have any liver or kidney disease its excretion will be slower.
- Food intake: if you drink the shroom tea on a full stomach, its effect will be delayed and slowed. However, drinking it on an empty stomach will make you feel its effect faster.
What to expect during a shroom trip?
As mentioned earlier, psilocybin once in the blood will act on the central nervous system and the digestive tract by stimulating serotonin secretion. Serotonin is a mood modulator, once secreted, will act on the central nervous system and make you feel more relaxed and happy.
However, psilocybin has several undesirable symptoms such as nausea, headache, increase in blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature.
What are the symptoms of overdose?
When buying the magic mushroom make sure it has a very well-known source because few mushrooms are poisonous. Poisonous mushrooms are very dangerous, once ingested they can lead to liver damage and death.
Moreover, if consumed in excess their effect is life-threatening, here is a list of symptoms that a person may experience:
- Muscle weakness
Furthermore, few people may have a bad experience with shroom tea which is called a “bad trip” characterized by confusion, and loss of awareness.
How to store shroom tea?
Shroom tea can be stored in the fridge. Put your tea in a well-sealed container and store it for one week in your fridge. Try to consume it within this period, because beyond that it might be oxidized and its taste will turn bad.
To avoid shroom tea oxidation and to preserve it for longer, add to it lemon juice. Vitamin C in lemon juice acts as an antioxidant. However, it makes the pH of the tea acidic which inhibits bacterial overgrowth.
Another method to store the tea is by freezing it. Freezing the tea will preserve it for a longer time and will increase its shelf life.
In this brief guide, we discussed the following question, “how long does shroom tea last?”, how long does it take to feel its effect, factors that affect its outcome, and other queries related to this topic.