In this article, we will answer this question “How long can you refrigerate rotisserie chicken” along with discussing other queries like “how to store rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator”, reheating of rotisserie chicken and nutritional facts of rotisserie chicken.
How long can you refrigerate rotisserie chicken?
If you refrigerate rotisserie properly, it remains safe to eat for 4 days maximum. Make sure the temperature of your refrigerator is 4-degree celsius. You can store in:
- Airtight container
- Heavy-duty aluminium foil
- Plastic wrap
How to refrigerate rotisserie?
After bringing the rotisserie home:
- Remove the meat from the bones and cut the chicken into pieces.
- Keep it in a shallow container so that it gets cool evenly.
- After cooling the chicken at room temperature, Place the container in the refrigerator until you want to eat that again.
How to reheat refrigerated rotisserie chicken?
You can make refrigerated rotisserie chicken palatable and delicious by following steps:
- Preheat oven at 350 Celsius
- Place rotisserie chicken in an oven-safe dish
- Roast chicken for 25 minutes
The taste of rotisserie chicken after reheating
Rotisserie chicken can still taste delicious and fresh if reheated properly. Add chicken broth in the oven dish at the bottom of the rotisserie while reheating. It will keep the chicken moist and tasty.
What happens if you eat long-stored rotisserie?
If you eat rotisserie which has been refrigerated for more than 5-6 days, you can suffer from food poisoning. The symptoms will include diarrhoea, abdominal pain lasting from a few hours to even weeks.
How is rotisserie chicken made?
Rotisserie cooking is the method of cooking in which meat is roasted on a long rod over indirect heat(Radiations). Meat can be a whole chicken/turkey etc. The rod should spin continuously so that meat cooks evenly.
- Spices like salt, paprika, black pepper are used for the marination of chicken.
- Butter is used to baste it.
- Place the chicken on the rotisserie and put it in a preheated oven on high grill.
- Keep basting occasionally to keep the chicken moist.
- Remove from the oven and rotisserie chicken is ready.
How can you serve Rotisserie:
Its multiple serving and cooking method makes it one of the most convenient and versatile foods easily available at all supermarkets and stores. You can serve rotisserie in various ways like:
- Serve it hot as a whole with some rice, mashed potatoes or sauteed vegetables.
- Cut it and add it as an ingredient in other recipes like enchiladas, quesadillas, soup etc
- Shred it and add it in salad
- Store the leftovers in refrigerator for future use(not more than 4 days)
Nutritional facts of rotisserie chicken
Rotisserie chicken is a great source of protein. One whole chicken almost gives 12 ounces (350 grams). It gives total of almost 1000 calories from:
- 160 g protein
- 0 g carbohydrate
- 34 g fat
- 505 mg cholesterol
Health benefits of Rotisserie Chicken
According to Dr Oz: “Rotisserie chicken is one of the healthiest processed foods out there”
Rotisserie chicken is a great source of protein and energy with very low cholesterol and fats. That is why it Is a healthier source of protein as compared to other meats (beef/mutton etc).
In addition to protein, it also provides other nutrients like Vitamin B12, Niacin, phosphorus etc.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “How long can you refrigerate rotisserie chicken” and all other queries related to storage, reheating and reuse of chicken rotisserie.