In this brief article, we will answer the question, “How hot does an electric stove burner get?” and provide information on temperatures that can be used in an electric stove as well as the tips to use an electric stove.
How hot does an electric stove burner get?
An electric stove can reach a temperature of 1472 to 1652 degrees Fahrenheit, especially if the burner is huge. A smaller burner of an electric stove can reach a temperature ranging from 932 to 1112 degrees Fahrenheit.
What are the temperatures that can be used in an electric stove?
The electric stove can be used for simmering. The temperature of simmering would be around 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. Simmering is generally used to prepare sauces, stews, or soups.
The low heat setting on the electric stove can also be used for slow cooking. A low heat setting is used to cook pork, poultry, and other meat items. Generally, the temperature for low heat can range from 195 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
The medium setting would have a temperature ranging from 220 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Foods cooked at a medium setting would include dishes containing veggies like onions, tomatoes, and broccoli.
The medium-high setting is used to cook beef and donuts. The temperature of medium-high settings would usually range from 300 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
The high setting usually has a temperature that ranges between 400 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It is used to prepare tortillas or make the meat products crispier.
Why do some electric stoves heat up quickly?
- The type of heat produced by an electric stove can help in assessing why it can heat up so quickly. There are two types of electric stoves that include convectional coils and radiant heat.
The infrared waves produced by radiant heat can help in heating up the electric stove faster. It does not heat the surrounding air.
If the electric stoves contain convectional coils, they can heat up both the surrounding air and the cooking utensil kept on top of it. This can lead to loss of heat because of which the stoves containing convectional coils can heat up slower.
- The size of the burner can also determine how quickly the stove gets hot. Burners that are larger emit more heat because of which they heat up faster whereas smaller burners do not emit a lot of heat because of which the stove does not get hot sooner.
What are some tips to use an electric stove?
- It is better to be careful if you are using an electric stove for the first time. Unlike the gas stove, you cannot observe the flames in an electric stove. This can end up and increase the risk of you getting burnt. Read the manual if you are unsure to use the stove.
- If you want to make sure whether the burner is working, place your hands a few inches away from the burner. If you are afraid of burning your hands, you can place clean utensils on top of the burner to ensure whether the burner is heating.
- In the case of electric stoves, make sure to preheat the burners before you cook them. Preheating can help in reducing your cooking time and ensure that the food is cooked properly.
- Avoid jumping between temperatures while using an electric stove. Unlike the gas stoves wherein you can instantly change temperatures, an electric stove takes a long time to adjust. Frequently changing temperatures can impede your cooking process.
If you want to have a sudden change in temperature, you can cook the food between two burners to avoid changing the temperature of the food drastically. You would have to be quick though to move your foods swiftly between two sources of heat.
- If you wish to char or smoke something like the brinjal, you can place it on top of the burner.
- If you plan on cleaning the electric stove and you have recently cooked on the electric stove, it would be better to clean the electric stove only after it has been cooled properly.
This is because the heating elements present in an electric stove would take a longer time to heat up.
- To reduce the incidence of fire, keep clothes, towels, or curtains away from an electric stove. Also, avoid standing extremely closer to the stove.
Other FAQs on the electric stove that you might be interested in.
In this brief article, we have answered the question, “How hot does an electric stove burner get?” and provided information on temperatures that can be used in an electric stove as well as the tips to use an electric stove.