How do you reheat a rotisserie chicken?
In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “how do you reheat a rotisserie chicken” with an in-depth analysis of different ways by which you can reheat rotisserie chicken.
So without much ado, let’s dive in and figure out more about it.
How do you reheat a rotisserie chicken?
You can reheat rotisserie chicken in an oven (at 350 degrees Fahrenheit), in an air fryer (at 350 degrees Fahrenheit), in the microwave, or on the stove (on medium flame).
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in the oven?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Preheat the oven to 350°F and take the rotisserie chicken out of the refrigerator.
- Allow your rotisserie chicken to come to room temperature on the counter while you wait for the oven to reach the proper temperature.
- Add some moisture to the mix. Transfer the rotisserie chicken to a baking dish once the oven has completed preheating. Add a few tablespoons of chicken stock or water, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of liquid.
- After that, cover the pan with a second layer of foil. The steam produced by the water will aid in keeping the meat moist.
- Place the rotisserie chicken in the oven and for about 25 minutes or until its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the rotisserie chicken from the oven when it has warmed through and serve.
Points to consider while reheating rotisserie chicken in the oven
- Add additional moisture to the mix. Sprinkle a few teaspoons of water over the top of the rotisserie chicken, then drizzle with olive oil to keep it moist and flavorful.
- Cover the chicken dish tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap and cook for two minutes.
- Check to determine if the chicken is done by removing the plate from the microwave. If not, flip the meat before covering the plate and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Always reheat the rotisserie chicken till its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a food thermometer to check the core temperature of the rotisserie chicken but do not forget to take the reading from the thick part of the rotisserie chicken.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in the air fryer?
Try reheating your chicken in the air fryer for extra-crispy skin. It is a quite effective and easy method. All you have to do is to
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place rotisserie chicken in the air fryer after removing it from its packing.
- Set the timer for 3-4 minutes. Afterward, check if rotisserie chicken is crisp and hot and if its internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the rotisserie chicken out of the air fryer and enjoy it with fries or as it is.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in the microwave?
If you’re short on time, reheating rotisserie chicken in the microwave is a convenient and quick answer.
- What you gotta do is remove the rotisserie chicken from the package and cut the required amount of rotisserie chicken into strips or pieces. You have to separate the chicken meat from the bones.
- Put the chicken on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a damp paper towel.
- Place it in the microwave.
- Microwave it for about 2 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the microwave and enjoy it.
It is worth mentioning that in the case of whole rotisserie chicken, before checking its internal temperature, cook it for 5 minutes in the microwave, afterward you can microwave it for some more time if necessary.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken on the stove?
- If you simply want to reheat a section of a rotisserie chicken, take out the portion you want to use and cut or tear the chicken. The pieces should range in size from 1 to 2 inches (2.5 to 5 cm).
- Over medium-high heat, heat 1 to 3 teaspoons (5 to 15 ml) of oil. If you’re reheating a tiny bit of chicken, use less oil; if you’re sautéing a skillet full of chicken, use more oil.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes after adding the chicken pieces. As the chicken reheats, keep stirring it.
- Once all of the chicken is thoroughly cooked, turn off the flame. Keep in mind that as the chicken reheats, some of the edges may turn crispy.
Pay attention to the core temperature of rotisserie chicken
You should pay attention to the core temperature of the rotisserie chicken to reheat it perfectly. It is worth mentioning that at the core temperature of about 165 degrees Fahrenheit, all the bacteria present in the rotisserie chicken get killed.
You can find the safe minimum cooking temperature chart here.
How long does rotisserie chicken last?
Rotisserie chicken lasts for about 3-4 days if stored at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the fridge according to the standards set by the USDA.
On the other hand, rotisserie chicken, if kept wrapped in aluminum foil in an air-tight container or air-tight plastic freezer bag, can last for about 4 months in the freezer.
Other FAQs about Chicken that you may be interested in.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “how do you reheat a rotisserie chicken” with an in-depth analysis of different ways by which you can reheat rotisserie chicken.