In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “ how do you get coconut oil out of clothes?” with an in-depth analysis of different ways that you can use to get coconut oil out of clothes. Moreover, we are going to discuss how to remove dried stains.
How do you get coconut oil out of clothes?
There are several ways to get rid of coconut oil from clothes. You can use different techniques like the application of washing powder, dishwashing soap, dishwashing soap and baking soda, corn starch, or cold water, etc. to get coconut oil out of clothes.
If you want to remove the coconut oil stain easily, the best way is to start washing the stain as soon as possible because it is easier to clean a fresh stain than it is to remove an old stain. It is worth mentioning that when it comes to removing the stain, then every hour matters and with each passing hour it becomes more and more difficult to get a coconut oil stain out of clothes.
After washing the stain with water, it is critical to wash the stain with any detergent, cleaner, or washing powder. This is highly effective for the cloth since the stain is removed quickly with the help of detergent.
Dishwashing soap is also used to remove the oil stain from the fabric.
To begin, we must apply a drop of dishwashing soap to the stain and gently rub it in. After rubbing the cloth for half an hour, the solution should be able to detergent the oil. Dishwashing soap dissolves fats, and baking soda absorbs excess oil from textiles.
It is worth mentioning that cloth would not be harmed by using soft, organic dishwashing solutions. As a result, we use these detergents to remove the oil stain from the material.
Dishwashing soap and baking soda
If the stain does not come out after using dishwashing soap alone, use dishwashing soap and add baking soda (1-2 teaspoons), then rub the solution for a minute and leave it for half an hour. After half an hour, the material will be washed in hot water and air-dried. To remove the oil stain from the material, we can scrape or brush it off.
If you want to remove the stain from the dark and black cotton fabric, first rub it with cornstarch instead of baking soda for 5 minutes and then leave it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, wash the fabric in hot water. The cloth should then be air-dried.
If you want to remove the coconut oil stain from polyester, you can use the same techniques as used for cotton, but you must wash the cloth in cold water rather than hot water.
The water temperature should be no more than 40 degrees. On the downside, because of the cold water, removing the oil stain from the cloth will take more time and patience.
Silk requires even more sensitive handling than polyester. We use baby powder to remove the oil stain from the silk fabric.
Baby powder is used to absorb oil from this fabric, which must be rubbed carefully. Scrape away any excess oil with baby powder before washing the cloth as usual.
What to do after washing the coconut oil stain from the clothes?
After the coconut oil stain has been removed from the cloth, it is important to remember not to use an iron on the wet cloth or heat to dry the wet cloth. Hanging the fabric outside in the fresh air is the best way to dry it.
How to remove a dried stain?
- The first step is to place the cardboard behind the stain you want to remove. This is used to prevent stains from migrating to the work surface beneath your garment or to the opposite side of the material.
- Apply WD40 to the dried stain after the first step. This will assist you in reactivating the fatty residue in the stain. The dried stain will loosen its grip on the fabric of the apparel after it has been reactivated. If you lift your garment straight up, you should notice that the WD40 has begun to seep through the cardboard as well.
- Continue to add baking soda to the WD40 and rub it in with the toothbrush. The clumps will grow in size. As you work on the stain, the clumps will become shorter. You must be patient because this phase will take some time.
- When the baking soda has stopped clumping so much that it has lifted all of the WD40, it is safe to remove the cardboard and throw the cupboards away.
- Add a drop of dishwashing soap to the soiled area and rub it with the toothbrush while it soaks in water for 15 minutes.
- Now, wash the item and hang it to dry in the fresh air.
You can read more uses of WD40 here.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “ how do you get coconut oil out of clothes?” with an in-depth analysis of different ways that you can use to get coconut oil out of clothes. Moreover, we discussed how to remove dried stains.