This blogpost will explain how you can unlock your Uber Eats account. In addition to this, we will check out some of the reasons why your Uber Eats account may be deactivated. We will also discuss the various community guidelines that need to be followed by all the users of Uber Eats, including drivers, restaurant merchants and customers.
How do I unlock my Uber Eats account?
If you want to unlock or unblock your Uber Eats account, you can do so through the steps those have been described as follows.
- You will first need to sign in to Uber Eats using a friend’s number. If they are not users of Uber Eats yet, you will need to create an account for them. When you are creating the account, you will receive an OTP after which you must tap on the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
- You will now need to reset the password for the present account. After the password has been reset, you can log in to Uber Eats using this username and password.
- You will find a three line menu at the upper left part of the screen. Tap on this and then tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- When you are in the ‘Settings’ section, you will need to tap on the thumbnail that is presented.
- You can then tap on the mobile number and enter your own mobile number here. This number should be the one linked to your locked or deactivated Uber Eats account.
- Uber Eats will send you an OTP to this number to confirm the account. Enter the OTP that has been sent to you.
- Your Uber Eats account is now unlocked.
Reasons for Uber Eats account deactivation
Uber Eats accounts can get deactivated for a variety of reasons. The main reasons why an Uber Eats account can be deactivated or blocked have been explained in the section below.
- The Uber Eats account may be deactivated if the user has entered the wrong credit card details
- It can be blocked if the app is being used from several devices or phones at once
- Some users may create two different accounts from a single device in order to claim more credits. In this case also, Uber Eats will deactivate the account
- The Uber Eats account can be blocked if the same email address is being used for multiple accounts
- The user’s account will also be blocked if a same bank account is being used in several Uber accounts. Some users do this in order to get more credits from Uber
- Uber Eats can also deactivate the account if the user has not paid their charges for a long period of time
- Another main reason for deactivation is because the user may have violated any one of the community guidelines in Uber Eats
Community guidelines in Uber Eats
Uber Eats requires high standards to be followed by its users, whether they are customers, restaurant merchants and even delivery drivers. Some of the community guidelines that are present in Uber Eats have been described in the following points.
- Uber Eats does not condone discrimination in any form, whether it is based on the color of someone’s skin, their language, their location, their gender identity, their nationality, their religion or any other factor.
- Users of Uber Eats should also not be party to any type of sexual misconduct. This also refers to passing vulgar comments on someone else’s body. The users of Uber Eats should also stay away from flirtatious comments or conversations.
They are also encouraged to report to the authorities as well as Uber Eats if they have witnessed any such incident right before their eyes.
- The communication between the parties who are using Uber Eats should be business-oriented only. There is not supposed to be any type of communication after the delivery has been completed. The delivery drivers are also not supposed to save the phone numbers or delivery addresses of their customers after the order has been delivered to them.
- Uber Eats does allow alcohol to be delivered to the customer. However, they need to show their identification to the delivery driver to prove that they are above the legal drinking age. In case the identification is not shown or does not satisfy the delivery driver, the driver will simply return the order to the restaurant.
- Uber Eats also does not allow its restaurant merchants to sell any illegal drugs such as cannabidiol. If Uber Eats receives information of certain substances being sold by the restaurant merchant through its platform, it reserves the right to deactivate the account and report it to the authorities.
- The delivery drivers in Uber Eats should also take extra care to deliver the package to the customer. They are not allowed to open any of the containers while the food is on the way to the customer.
- They should also follow certain conditions from the restaurant merchants, such as keeping halal food away from non-halal food.
This blogpost has explained how you can unlock your Uber Eats account. In addition to this, we have checked out some of the reasons why your Uber Eats account may be deactivated. We have also discussed the various community guidelines that need to be followed by all the users of Uber Eats, including drivers, restaurant merchants and customers.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions below.