This article will explain how you can cancel your Uber Eats order. In addition to this, we will also explain how you can place an order in Uber Eats. Furthermore, we will discuss a few reasons why Uber Eats is so popular among food delivery apps today. Lastly, we will check out a few amazing alternatives to Uber Eats that readers might be interested in.
How do I cancel my Uber Eats order?
To cancel your order in Uber Eats, you can follow the steps described below.
- You will need to sign in to your Uber Eats account and go the ‘Live Order’ section
- Next, go to the ‘Help’ section which you will find located at the top right corner of your screen in Uber Eats
- From the options that have been presented to you, click on the ‘Cancel Order’ option
- Uber Eats will automatically ask you to confirm the same, in which you will need to click on ‘Cancel Order’
Uber Eats allows customers to cancel orders only if the delivery partner has not been sent to the restaurant. As far as refunds go, the app will not give you a refund if the merchant has accepted your order. Uber Eats, however, allows a one lifetime refund for any order that has been canceled within five minutes of being placed.
How to place an order in Uber Eats?
Ordering food from Uber Eats is akin to a piece of cake. The user-friendly layout of the app makes the process very simple and very quickly done. To place an order for food in the Uber Eats app, you can follow the steps that have been explained below.
- You will first and foremost need to sign in to your Uber Eats account
- You can then pick the restaurant from where you want to order your food from. If you are finding this difficult, you can use the filters provided in the app to refine your search a lot more.
- Once you have picked the restaurant, you can then start adding items to your cart. You can also customize the order by ordering extra portions, accompaniments, sides and beverages
- Next, you can click on the ‘View Cart’ option on your screen. This will guide you to the ‘Checkout’ page
- Here, you will need to review your order. Make sure that the delivery address is the right one. You can see the various charges in your order. If you are being charged a small order fee, you can always go back and add extra items in order to avoid this unnecessary fee
- Once you have reviewed the details of your order and your delivery address, you can click on ‘Place Order’ and pay for your food
- When the order has been placed, the Uber Eats app will alert you of the different proceedings in your food order through the use of push notifications. These push notifications will also alert you of any delays or changes in your food order.
- The delivery person will automatically come to your address to deliver your food. They may also leave a message or call you in case of any delays or difficulties in finding your location. You can tip your delivery person after the food has been delivered or even add this tip during your checkout in the earlier steps. Bon Appetit!
Why is Uber Eats so popular today?
Uber has created a strong identity for itself in the ride-hailing industry and now even in the food delivery industry through Uber Eats. There are a vast number of reasons why Uber Eats is so popular and so well-liked. Some of the reasons why Uber Eats is pretty popular among both the young and the old today have been described as follows.
Uber Eats has a large collection of restaurants
The curation of restaurants in Uber Eats is pretty expensive and very detailed. Customers can expect to find five-star restaurant options in this food delivery app and also their nearby local eateries and food stalls. The restaurant options can be explored with the help of the filters which have been provided in the app.
It allows payments through various modes
Payments in Uber Eats can be made through a variety of ways. Uber Eats has ensured that customers do not have to fumble for their wallets any more through the options of credit cards, debit cards, online banking and even digital wallets like Google Pay and Amazon Pay.
It has a map feature
Uber Eats also has a map feature in which the customer can select a region on the app and explore the restaurants within it. This is a solid feature for foodies who want to tick off every option in their restaurant bucket list. This can also be an advantage for those users who want to save on delivery fees as the restaurant options shown are pretty close ones.
Best alternatives to Uber Eats
Some alternatives to Uber Eats which have many of the similar features have been mentioned as follows.
This article has explained how you can cancel your Uber Eats order. In addition to this, we have also explained how you can place an order in Uber Eats. Furthermore, we have discussed a few reasons why Uber Eats is so popular among food delivery apps today. Lastly, we have checked out a few amazing alternatives to Uber Eats that readers might be interested in.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions in the space below.