In this brief guide, we will address the query, “How do coriander seeds help in weight loss?” We will also discuss the ways you can add coriander to your diet, how to make a coriander drink for weight loss, and what kind of role coriander plays in losing weight.
How do coriander seeds help in weight loss?
Coriander seeds help in weight loss by increasing the fat-burning process and by dissolving the body fat. The coriander seeds are rich in nutrient content. They contain a high concentration of iron, fiber, protein, and magnesium.
Coriander seeds not only help to provide you with a healthy diet and remove toxins from your body but also promote healthy weight loss as a healthy diet is crucial before you start your weight loss journey. Here’s how they can help you to lose weight:
Coriander seeds can increase fat burning
A compound found in coriander seeds alters your body’s lipid metabolism. This basically means that your body can dissolve the fat and pass it as waste instead of storing it.
According to a study, just 2g of ground coriander seed powder a day was enough to drastically influence the lipid parameters in the body.
Coriander seeds can help dissolve fats
Consuming coriander seeds will not just help to dissolve fats but also helps to boost your mechanism. So, whenever you exercise, your body will use more energy and convert stored fat to keep you from getting tired quickly.
You’ll burn more fat and gain more muscle with each workout you complete. Moreover, adding coriander seeds to your food is a great way to convert the carbohydrates in your diet into energy instead of fat.
Additionally, coriander includes a variety of dietary fibers. Your body can properly break down fibers, which means that they require more energy to digest. Your body may store less fat the more energy it expends.
How to add coriander to your diet?
You can add coriander to your everyday diet promoting a healthy weight loss.
- You can use coriander powder in all your curries, pickles, soups, and gravies. It goes well in both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian recipes.
- It is also used as an ingredient in baking cakes, bread, and pastries like gingerbread.
- Coriander seeds are often used in marinades especially if you’re cooking fish or meat. The spices are absorbed perfectly after keeping them overnight.
- Coriander powder also goes very well with mushrooms, tofu, and paneer.
- Used to garnish meat as well as vegetable dishes.
- You can use coriander powder to spice up even your bland vegetables like spinach. It adds a unique flavor to them.
- Sprinkle over salads for that tangy flavor.
How to make coriander drink for weight loss?
If you want healthy weight loss, it is advisable to replace all your cold and hot beverages with this detox coriander drink. You can use both coriander leaves and coriander seeds for weight loss. Here’s how you can use coriander leaves and coriander seeds for making a drink:
- Leave about 10-20 coriander leaves to soak in water overnight.
- Separate the leaves and drink the water solution the next morning on an empty stomach.
- Wash the coriander leaves properly and grind them in a blender.
- Add half a cup of lukewarm water, a tablespoon of lemon juice, or honey according to your preference.
- Drink this juice on an empty stomach every morning.
- Boil a glass of water and add a tablespoon of coriander seeds.
- Mix it well and let it boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and store it in a refrigerator overnight.
- Strain the coriander seeds and drink the water the next morning.
What is the role of coriander in weight loss?
Coriander is believed to aid digestion by increasing digestive enzymes and fluids. It helps the liver to produce more bile juice and acids. They are a great source of fiber as well. It also contains antioxidants like quercetin to fasten metabolism.
A healthy digestive system is necessary for efficient and effective weight loss. Because we cannot fully absorb and assimilate nutrients and because we may be unable to effectively remove waste from our bodies, poor digestion may contribute to weight gain.
Coriander being rich in iron, fiber, protein, calcium, potassium, and magnesium helps you stay healthy.
For more ideas on how to lose weight naturally and healthily, please click the link here.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “How do coriander seeds help in weight loss?” We have also discussed the ways you can add coriander to your diet, how to make a coriander drink for weight loss, and what kind of role coriander plays in losing weight.