In this brief guide, we will address the query, “How can I lower my blood pressure in minutes?” We will also discuss the various risks of high blood pressure and various ways to maintain blood pressure. Moreover, we will also talk about the importance of regular exercise, monitoring, hydration, and a healthy diet in maintaining blood pressure.
How can I lower my blood pressure in minutes?
Controlling your breath and relaxing your body can lower your blood pressure in minutes. Firstly, get relaxed and inhale so deeply that allows you to get a lot of oxygen in your lungs, and exhale letting all the air out and if possible lie down on the ground relaxing your whole body. Continue this process for a minute or two which will lower your blood pressure.
What are the risks of high blood pressure?
High blood pressure or hypertension results in heart attack and stroke in severe conditions. Kidney and hormonal problems, fatigue, irregular heartbeats, headache, vision problems and excessive sweating are the major early symptoms of high blood pressure.
High blood pressure causes various coronary artery diseases during which the heart doesn’t get enough blood which results in irregular heart rhythms, pain in the chest, or heart failure.
A heart of a high blood pressure patient works harder to pump the blood to various parts of the body than the normal one which over time affects the left ventricle resulting in its thickness which may lead to different heart diseases and even sudden cardiac death.
What are the different ways to maintain blood pressure?
There are many changes you can make in your lifestyle and diet to maintain your blood pressure. Some of the ways of controlling high blood pressure are:
- Losing excess fat from your body is the best way to keep your blood pressure in check as blood pressure increases with the increase in weight.
- Involve yourself in regular physical activities while eating a healthy diet.
- Reduce the overall sodium intake by your body. Adding less salt to your food can help to lower your blood pressure.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol and tobacco content.
- You can also cut down on your caffeine intake.
- Get plenty of rest and avoid any kind of stress as chronic stress is said to contribute to high blood pressure.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly if you have any trouble controlling your blood pressure.
- Avoid eating packaged food items since they have the maximum sodium content in them. For more details on a low sodium diet, please click the link here.
How do regular exercise and monitoring help to maintain blood pressure?
Regular exercise and regular monitoring of blood pressure is something every individual should focus on to maintain their blood pressure.
Different aerobic exercises such as walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, or dancing can help to maintain your blood pressure. A person with high blood pressure can lower the blood pressure by 5-8 mm Hg with daily 30 minutes of exercise.
Similarly, monitoring one’s own blood pressure regularly at home using a wide variety of portable machines such as an oximeter helps to reduce the complexity of high blood pressure. Another essential component of maintaining your blood pressure is routine doctor appointments.
What is the importance of water and a healthy diet to maintain blood pressure?
About 73% of the human heart is occupied by water so nothing is more effective at regulating blood pressure than water. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily can improve or maintain blood pressure keeping the heart healthy.
However, a healthy diet is also another major factor to maintain blood pressure. Proper food and diet can reduce blood pressure up to 11 mm Hg if a person is suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure.
Recently medical science has introduced the term DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) for the patient suffering from high blood pressure which includes
- Consumption of vegetables, and fruit in a high rate, and having low-fat dairy foods
- Limit the consumption of foods that are high in cholesterol, trans and saturated fats
- Increase the consumption of whole grains, nuts, and meat of poultry and fish
- Limit the consumption of red meat, high sugar-containing sweets, and beverage
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “How can I lower my blood pressure in minutes?” We have also discussed the various risks of high blood pressure and different ways to maintain blood pressure. Moreover, we also talked about the importance of regular exercise, monitoring, hydration, and a healthy diet in maintaining blood pressure.