In this brief guide, we will address the query, “How big is a blender?” and answer other related questions like “which blender to use?” and what are the different types of blenders one can use?”.
How big is a blender?
The general size of the blender can vary from 3 to 14 cups. The size of a blender depends upon which type of blender it is. There are many different types of blenders such as: hand blender, Immersion and stick blender, single-serve blender, portable blender, countertop blender, stand mixer and commercial blender.
What are the sizes of different types of blenders?
Let us look at each type of blender and their sizes individually.
Also known as hand mixers, they are like an electric version of a whisk or an egg beater. They are small and very easy to operate.
Size: 9.1 x 6.8 x 33.5 centimeters.
Immersion blender & stick blender
They are handheld ‘sticks’ with a comfort handle at one end and a chopping blade surrounded by a safety guard at the other.
Size: 22 x 24 x 24 centimeters.
This is a personal blender. Such a blender has a single jar with rotating blades at the bottom. The quantity of the jar serves only one individual.
Size: 21.8 x 21.8 x 30.6 centimeters.
The blenders are lightweight and smaller than the average hydro flask, so are portable. Unlike other blenders, this blender cannot be used for heavy utility processing. It runs without electricity.
Size: 14 x 12 x 10 centimeters.
These are most commonly purchased for preparing food in a large quantity. Such blenders come with multiple jars. Each jar has a different capacity and blade size.
Size: 34.3 x 24.6 x 21.3 centimeters.
Stand mixers are also known as cake mixers. This is really what most people use it for. It is similar to a hand blender or hand mixer. But it is far more powerful as compared.
Size: 31 x 21 x 34 centimeters.
These types of blenders are all about power. Such blenders use a heavy utility motor. They are intended to blend more robust ingredients.
Size: 17 x 22 x 42 centimeters.
What are the things to look out for when buying a blender?
Parts: A blender often comes with a cup/jar. Each jar has a lid, lid plug, base, and tamper.
Cups/Jar: Blender jars come in both glass and plastic. The more expensive models generally have glass. They come in various sizes, from 20, 48, 65, or 72 ounces.
Blade: In the case of chopping and grinding, jars include a chopping blade at the bottom.
Pureeing, stirring and mixing usually requires a standard blender. Stainless steel is the best material for a blade. It is very strong and durable.
Power: Immersion blenders are around 100-watts, and larger countertop blenders are 500-watts or above. Again, the power of the blender depends upon the model and the manufacturer.
Speed: Depending on the model, each model has a knob. It may be a pulsing knob or variable speed knob – ranging from 1 to 10.
Function: Some units of the blender come with pre- programmed functions for the preparation of a few commonly consumed dishes/beverages.
Cost: The more functionality added, the quality of materials, and power, the more the cost goes up. Simple blenders are most often cheap and pocket friendly and serve most of the purpose of blending food just like the expensive ones.
- A blender is the most common household product. A constant in every home’s kitchen. It is used to liquify or emulsify any form of solid or liquid/semi-liquid food product.
- It serves a wide range of purposes to those who are fond of cooking or want to make something more quickly and easily.
- The most commonly used blender is a countertop model. Depending upon the manufacturer, it comes in various models. The blender comes in different shapes and sizes.
- The most common misconception among a lot of people is that blenders occupy a big chunk of space on the kitchen counter. Therefore, to understand how big a blender is , one must learn about the various types of blenders available in the market.
- All blenders serve the same purpose. However, some have a few add on features that make the experience of using a blender more user friendly and easy to operate.
- The blender is a multi utility product. The preparation of a lot of dishes feels in some way incomplete without that one ingredient which doesn’t taste the same unless it is finely minced, diced, and squished with the help of a blender.
In this brief guide, we have addressed the query, “How big is a blender?” and answered other related questions like “Which blender to use?” and “What are the different types of blenders one can use?”.