This blogpost will answer if HelloFresh has a diabetic menu. We will also be listing a few health tips especially tailored for those who are battling diabetes. Additionally, we will be checking out the advantages of using HelloFresh as a meal-kit delivery service. HelloFresh is perhaps the most sought after meal-kit delivery service in the world today.
Does HelloFresh have a diabetic menu?
No, HelloFresh does not have a diabetic menu. However, it has many options for healthy eating in general. In addition to this, the nutritional facts of each meal are mentioned openly in the packaging. Another great thing in HelloFresh is the Calorie Smart option in which every meal consists of only 650 calories.
Health tips for diabetics
Diabetes is one such issue which requires a lot of lifestyle management and dietary modifications in order to be managed, in addition to medication. Some health tips that can be very useful for diabetics have been explained in the following section.
Know your carbs
While cutting down on carbs is the general rule to be followed, it is important to know the different types of carbs. Some carbohydrates that come with processed food can be pretty unhealthy. On the other hand, the carbohydrates that come with fiber, as in fruits can be comparatively much more beneficial.
It is also important to exercise on a regular basis. Regular exercise can allow you to shed the excess fat of your body. It can also help in bringing more stability to the body’s internal chemistry. While exercising, choose an activity that is fun and stress-free so that you are motivated to do it on a daily basis.
Switch to a plant-based diet
You can also switch to a plant-based diet if you wish to. However, for meat lovers, you can always simply reduce the intake of meat protein. You can also get leaner cuts instead of the fattier ones which can add more cholesterol to your body. Another technique can be to grill instead of deep frying your meats.
Everyone gets ‘snacky’ and snacks are actually important to give us energy throughout our day. However, it is also necessary to snack smartly as many times more than not, our snacks are the real culprits more than our meals themselves. Choosing snacks such as low-fat yogurt, handful of almonds or pumpkin seeds can bring you the necessary energy while keeping diabetes away.
Check your blood sugar levels daily
Every person who is struggling with diabetes should consider getting a blood glucose meter. The blood sugar levels need to be checked at least twice every day and tracked. This can help you understand more about your body’s patterns and reactions to certain types of foods.
Practice good sleep hygiene
Another thing to practice is good sleep patterns. Not everyone is blessed to drift off to sleep just after hitting the sack. In order to help you sleep quickly and peacefully, you can practice good sleep hygiene. Sleep hygiene involves certain practices like using aromatherapy in your room, reading under a soft light or using a white noise machine.
Reduce stress levels
If you are stressed, this can play havoc with your blood glucose levels. It can also cause you to overeat due to stress which can lead to more troubles. Reducing stress levels is mandatory for those who are battling diabetes. One such way is to meditate on a daily basis. You can also try journaling. If you can afford to go to therapy, strongly consider it as it can definitely be useful.
Advantages of using HelloFresh
While there are a number of meal-kit delivery services, HelloFresh is still the first choice for many today. This is because this service brings a range of advantages to the subscriber, such as,
- HelloFresh has many categories to choose from, such as Meat and Veggies, Veggies only and even Pescatarian options. In addition to these, there are also family-friendly and single-friendly meal kits.
- There are also many Easy Eats options which can shorten the process of cooking. One example of such an option is the Low-Prep meal kit which requires very little prep-work as all the ingredients come dressed and prepped. The meal only needs to be cooked according to the instructions.
- There are also many One-Pot meal kits in HelloFresh which require the use of only a single utensil. This can be a pot or even a sheet pan onto which the ingredients can be assembled and then popped into the oven for cooking.
- In addition to these, there are also Oven-Fresh meals that don’t require the subscriber to do anything. They only need to put the meal kit into the microwaves or the oven for a certain span of time after which the meal will be ready to eat.
- There is also a 10-20 minute meal option which can be cooked from start to finish in that much amount of time. This is another popular category that is often chosen by the subscriber, who would be grateful for such an option at the end of a busy day.
Other FAQs about HelloFresh that you may be interested in.
This blogpost has answered if HelloFresh has a diabetic menu. We have also listed a few health tips especially tailored for those who are battling diabetes. Additionally, we have checked out the advantages of using HelloFresh as a meal-kit delivery service.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions below.