In this brief guide, we will discuss the following question, “does beer make you fart?”, what are the reasons behind it, tips to reduce gasses and bloating, and other queries related to this topic.
Does beer make you fart?
Yes, beer can make you fart. During the brewing process, alcohol fermentation leads to alcohol formation and carbon dioxide. This carbon dioxide will enter your digestive tract and make you bloated.
In addition, several ingredients in beer are the major cause of making you fart and bloated. These ingredients are carbohydrates, sugar, and sulfur. Regarding the carbohydrates, some of them can not be digested so they pass to the large intestine, where they will be fermented by the gut microbiota. This will lead to gas production.
However, your body tries to get rid of yeast. In case it is present in abundance in your gastrointestinal tract, its breakdown will lead to guess and result in farting. Furthermore, since yeast is high in sulfur, sulfur is the reason for the bad smell.
What is a beer fart?
Beer farts happen when you drink beer. Due to its content of yeast and carbohydrates and this results in gas build-ups within your intestine and your gastrointestinal tract. However, the sulfur resulting from the yeast is the one responsible for the foul smell.
What beer makes you fart the most?
The beer that makes you fart the most is the Budweiser beer because it has a high carbonation level. It comes after the Corona Extra followed by Bud Light, John Smiths Bitter, Heineken, Pilsner Urquell, Fosters, and Cobra. When going in the list the carbonation level decreases, this explains why Cobra beer causes the least bloating and farting.
What beer doesn’t make you fart?
San Miguel and Peroni are the most known for their least bloating effect, so if you want to substitute the regular beer that makes you uncomfortable with a better one, buy one of these beers.
How to keep the beer from giving you gas?
Gas production after drinking beer can not be prevented or avoided, however, we can reduce its effects by following some tips, and here they are:
- Eat a meal rich in fruits and vegetables before drinking beer. So, avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Avoid eating high fatty and processed food such as french fries, fried chicken, and nuggets. Fatty foods are hard to digest and might worsen bloating.
- Drink water between drinks. This will keep you hydrated and will remove carbonation.
- Choose a dark beer since it is low in carbonation. So, it will make you less bloated and reduce the flirting risk.
- Do not chew gum when you are drinking beer. Chewing gum increases gas building within your digestive tract.
- Do not drink through a straw. Drinking this way will lead to excess gas building in your stomach and make you fart more often and you will feel uncomfortable due to bloating.
- Drink your beer slowly, this will give your body and your digestive tract more time to get rid of gasses.
- Drink chilled beer because it has a low carbonation level, whereas beer at room temperature has higher levels and leads to bloating.
- Take anti-gas medication. In case you tried all ways to get rid of bloating and gas during or after drinking beer buy from a pharmacy an anti-gas medication.
What to do if beer makes you gassy?
To prevent the gassy effect of the beer, follow the tips mentioned above such as drinking water between drinks, do not drink on empty stomach, do not chew gum, avoid fatty food, drink dark beer, and many others.
What relieves bloating fast?
Here few tips to follow to relieve bloating:
- Be physically active and go for a walk.
- Drink teas such as peppermint tea.
- Take gas relief medications.
- Take a warm bath.
- Do some yoga, a few poses can help in reducing bloating.
What alcohol makes you flirting?
There is much other alcohol that makes you flirting other than beer such as:
- White wine since it is high in sugar.
- Cider is also rich in sugar.
- Cocktails are mixed with juices and sugary beverages.
What alcohol makes you least bloated?
If you tried many ways to reduce bloating after drinking beer, here is a list of alcohol types that do not make you fart and bloated:
- Spirits such as vodka, tequila, and gin.
- Red wine is low in sugar and will reduce your risk of farting.
- Shots such as sambuca. However, avoid those with high sugar content.
In this brief guide, we discussed the following question, “does beer make you fart?”, what are the reasons behind it, tips to reduce gasses and bloating, and other queries related to this topic.